News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ad fail...

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 31, 2011, 08:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

you would think that they would put their address on the flyer..

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

This is advertizing genius! It's a crowd control measure. If you really want to know where it is? Google the damn thing! They probably trying to keep corn flinging locals at bay.  Besides, I dont want corn flingers becoming fly fisherman, they are the types of folks who use "dodgy" methods to catch fish and that's just not cricket :P

Woolly Bugger

uh, some of us don't have smartphones...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 31, 2011, 10:56:52 AM
uh, some of us don't have smartphones...
And some people fish too damn much... b';

5xTippett

The new owner is a very nice guy and I hope he does well.  He knows his fishing and is a very good fly tier.

troutphisher

I guess I'll have to take better care of my "Tennessee Fly shop cap"......summmbeeotch.....

When Mike and I drove home  last week we noticed Eddy's place is now this place....
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Holmes

Quote from: Transylwader on October 31, 2011, 10:31:55 AM
This is advertizing genius! It's a crowd control measure. If you really want to know where it is? Google the damn thing! They probably trying to keep corn flinging locals at bay.  Besides, I dont want corn flingers becoming fly fisherman, they are the types of folks who use "dodgy" methods to catch fish and that's just not cricket :P

Quit makin' fun of me tranny :laugh:

5xTippett

Karl, the guy who bought it used to work for Eddie.  I still have my cap, too!

troutphisher

Thats good to know Ben.

I was hoping it was someone from the shop. I always enjoyed talking the BS with Eddy.

Sometimes I would walk in and tell him I was here to spend some of my Obamy stimi money.......he'd say he was still waiting for his check.....he always got  kick out of that, then proceed to tell me what he thought of Obama.......
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Stuart R.

Ya Ben is a good ol' guy. I hope he does well. He does know his stuff he should do well with the business.
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.