News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Haywood Natives

Started by The Dude, May 08, 2011, 17:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

Took a trip with my main man for some brook trout today.  It involved a good bit of hiking and it pretty much kicked my ass.  The fish were colored up nicely and willing to take flies.  The numbers were there, although I didn't get into much size.  I did have a ~10-11" fish have a go at a small fish I was playing in a deep hole and the other big fish of the day was not brought to hand. 

I smashed up my toe on last week's fishing trip and I probably should have taken the weekend off, but the weather was just too nice and I fell to temptation.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

looks like a good day was had by all!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

I see you Gold diggin huh? You hot spotting mofo! Good to see Buck on the crick. Send that choco labski my finest ;D

FoulHook

Fine stuff. I'll be back down that way for good in 2 weeks. Also heading down this thursday for a long weekend in and around T-county.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

benben reincarnated

Nice trip.  Your dog definitely seems to be eating that stuff up.  Consider yourself lucky to be able to share that with them.  As a may have stated before I love my dog to death but she definitely couldn't fish with me.  Peter and I did see some guy fishing the middle section of the North Mills a few weeks ago with what may have well been a Pomeranian...it barked and Peter jumped out of his skin, haha.

Sweet looking toe...I had a foot doctor tell me that the best cure for my problem was to rip my nail out from the root...that was over a year ago and the chit still ain't right.  Go figure. 

troutboy_II

When fishing with a Pomeranian, do you fish it as a dry or add weight and bump it on the bottom?  And does the tail qualify it as a parachute or not? Finally, are there any browns big enough around here to fish this to, or do you need to use this just out west?

Thanks for the tips!    -0- -0- -0-

TB

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: troutboy_II on May 11, 2011, 11:35:04 AM
When fishing with a Pomeranian, do you fish it as a dry or add weight and bump it on the bottom?  And does the tail qualify it as a parachute or not? Finally, are there any browns big enough around here to fish this to, or do you need to use this just out west?

Probably best fished by adding weight and slow-drift fishing that puppy on the bottom, no pun intended.

:laugh: