News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Western NC

Started by 5xTippett, August 08, 2010, 11:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

My whole family decided to head to the mountains for a few days.   All the women headed home Saturday afternoon, so I decided to fish for a few hours.  I had brought my little 30 year old Sharpes Scottie that I hadn't fished in a couple of years, so I headed to a small stream first.  I tied on a Thunderhead for a few minutes and rapidly discovered that wasn't the ticket.  I changed to an orange palmer and it was fish out of every likely spot until I got tired of it.  I fished for less than an hour and caught about nine or ten rainbows.  That was enough of that dinky stuff.  I hopped back in the car and headed for some bigger water.   I parked, changed rods, and started walking.  I found one pool that looked promising.  I saw a fish move, cast and caught a 16 inch brown.  I moved up a little further and cast again and caught a 18 incher.  That was that for that pool.  I walked back to the car and headed downstream.  I found another spot that looked promising and hopped out and realized the pool was too deep for my beetles.  I looked upstream and there was a decent pool for what I wanted to do.  I headed that way and caught one 12 inch brown.  I hopped in the car and headed for the four hour drive home.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

diaz dassie

Good on ya! Nice to see you gettin into those chunky browns! Rainbows have been relegated to "cockroach" status!
Cheers for the report and glad you got home safe -0-

brownhunter

Very fine report and glad to see the beeltes are working in other places as well  ;D
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

5xTippett

Thanks Brown.  I do love fishing those things.  They generally quit working for me in October.  Until then I will wade through water everybody else fishes!

Trout Maharishi

Is that Basin Creek? Are those Townsend beetles I see in those trout's mouths? Couple of them look full grown. I gonna give you the dancing banana even though you kinda suck for fishing while I had to stay home and do yard work -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- bd;0
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

5xTippett

At least I called you on the way home! -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0-

overbrook

Nubby...glad to see you finally got a change of scenery....not that I got anything against the Smith....but other fishies want them beetles too!   :D

p;- Democrats    d:b      d:b     d:b    d:b    d:b    d:b    d:b    d:b    d:b   (dancing wookies??)

Gofisher

Nice report. You need to work with Woowee on the picture taking!  :laugh:
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

5xTippett

"You need to work with Woowee on the picture taking"  I am reasonably sure he has his own professional photographer following him around!  I do good to keep from dropping my camera in the water.

diaz dassie

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 09, 2010, 22:12:14 PM
Is that Basin Creek? Are those Townsend beetles I see in those trout's mouths? Couple of them look full grown. I gonna give you the dancing banana even though you kinda suck for fishing while I had to stay home and do yard work -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- bd;0
TM, Im gonna take you to Basin Creek and Baptise you in it's cockroach rainbow troot infested waters :P