News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith 7/3--Fun Day

Started by 5xTippett, July 04, 2009, 18:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

I checked the generation schedule for Friday and I finally got what I had been waiting on.  They were generating from 1:00 until 6:00.  I arrived in Bassett a little after lunch and checked out a spot I hadn't fished this year.  I picked up 3 in about an hour.  I hopped in the car and went downstream a little further and picked up another 3 in another hour.  The browns were pretty decent fish, but I wasn't exactly setting the world on fire.  I did my calculations and figured out if they cut the water off at 6, it would be low enough to fish at Townes Creek at around 7:45 or so.  I got in the car and headed upstream.  When I arrived at the river it looked like the water was already dropping.  Apparently they stopped one generator an hour early.  It was actually fishable earlier than I thought it would be.  I caught a couple before the water really started dropping.  When the water bottomed out I could see fish up against the banks eveywhere.  The next hour or so was as much fun as I have had in a while.  I think I only caught around 4 rainbows and the rest were browns.  Most of the browns were over 8 inches.  It was a neat day.

flip

nice fish. sounds like a pretty sweet day

brownhunter

Sounds like a great day indeed. Anytime you get fish on the end of the line, and are able to be out in the water, it is truly a great day!!!!!
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Trout Maharishi

Be sure this ends up where Flytyer aka "Smith River Bandito" gets to see it ;D Looks like you sore lipped a good portion of the river 8) Is that a Townsends beetle in that fishes lip >:D ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

outdoorguy3

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 04, 2009, 23:16:46 PM
Be sure this ends up where Flytyer aka "Smith River Bandito" gets to see it ;D Looks like you sore lipped a good portion of the river 8) Is that a Townsends beetle in that fishes lip >:D ;D

Townsend beetle.....Smith River fish still eat that thing?

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

5xTippett

I don't know where you boys are coming up with that beetle thing.  I caught those fish on a midge! >:D  I figured if Ralph can catch a crawfish on a midge I ought to be able to catch a fish on one!

22midge

"O my goodness  "  you dont think ole nub has been showing us his famous beetle just to decoy us away from the "townsend beetle"  do yea??? Be safe               
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

rjs123

Nice fish!  Thanks for posting!

Woolly Bugger

dayum, i'm gonna have to tie up some beetles.   
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!