News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River--Nov. 22

Started by 5xTippett, November 24, 2008, 15:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

My wife was out of town for the weekend and with my daughters off at college I decided to hit the Smith.  I left Friday afternoon and spent the night at Ridgeway.  I was going to hit the river around 9 or so the next morning.  However, I got up and walked outside and changed my mind.  I went and ate breakfast and loaded up on coffee.  I ended up hitting the water around 12 or so.  The temperature had made it into the high 30's by then.  I was using a caddis with a midge dropper.  The midges were in the air and I ended up with about 15 fish.  Two rainbows and the rest were the browns I was after.  They weren't very big but they were pretty.  The biggest brown might have made 10 inches if I had stepped on his tail and stretched him!  The fish were rising and I was having a ball until the temperature started dropping.  Everything died all of a sudden and I did not catch a fish the last 30 minutes.  I was back in the car and on the way home around 3:30.  I am still waiting on a day with no wind so I can go fish my beetle spots from the summer.( I am also waiting on my daughter to teach me how to work photo bucket so I can download photos on this forum.  I posted the pictures on my post on another forum which shall remain nameless.  Hint: it starts with an S.)  I had a ball and I do love this river.  I only saw one other guy the whole day.  I reckon everybody else was waiting on a warm day with no wind.

Woolly Bugger

I was up there today, I saw only one other angler. He was from Chapel Hill.

I caught a handful of browns and a couple of bow on the surface.

It was a chilly day on the stream.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fire-Fly