trout Tuesday power hour

Started by benben, August 09, 2011, 19:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

I haven't been fishing after work in what seems like forever, blame it on too much work, too much other chit to do, the hot weather, my sore toe, you name it.  This week I had to get out, and after yesterday's torrential downpours I figured I'd hit up my go-to after-work brookie water.  Headed out of work at 4:00, feet wet at 4:38. 

First cast, had a brookie chase the fly and fish was on, as luck would have it he was the biggest fish of the hour, and as I fiddled to get my camera out, he got off.  Good sign of more stuff to come though.  All told I hooked into 8 brookies, brought 3 of them to hand in a hour, not bad for the dog-days of summer.  I quickly ate the hour up and headed home, part of that was spent casting 3 different flies to a single fish to get him hooked, took 2 of the 3 flies I presented (1 of them 3 times), but never could get a hook set, eventually I gave up.

All were nice reminders of why I continue to feed this satisfying addiction that is fly fishing.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

[attach=5]

[attach=6]

[attach=7]

waiting on me at home...

[attach=8]

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Chaser

Transylwader

Man,I aint got shit to say, except that you suck, for real :'(
Gotto graft to head west. As always Benny, good stuff breh, fly dat blueline flag  'c;

mecnc

Are there any job openings where you work?

troutboy_II

Quote from: mecnc on August 12, 2011, 02:43:38 AM

Yeah!  Excellent question!

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: mecnc on August 12, 2011, 02:43:38 AM

Our company is like a revolving door, we always got openings....never understood it, decent company, benefits, vacation...in Asheville, still can't keep asses in some of the seats for some reason.

peter p

Quote from: benben on August 12, 2011, 16:42:44 PM
[Our company is like a revolving door, we always got openings....never understood it, decent company, benefits, vacation...in Asheville, still can't keep asses in some of the seats for some reason.

Maybe it is because they have to work with people like you. 
Peter

benben reincarnated

Quote from: peter p on August 14, 2011, 08:35:45 AM
Quote from: benben on August 12, 2011, 16:42:44 PM
[Our company is like a revolving door, we always got openings....never understood it, decent company, benefits, vacation...in Asheville, still can't keep asses in some of the seats for some reason.

Maybe it is because they have to work with people like you.

hahaha, good point.

0:0

although I think that about all of them everyday, so I guess it balances out in the end.    ;D