News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

heat wave 2010..

Started by blue ridge angler, July 25, 2010, 18:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

With temps soaring, and water levels plummeting good fishing can be hard to find this time of year.
I met up with permit this morning to fish our home water..I hadn't fished it in over a month and have been feeling a little guilty lately..permit had hit it a couple days ago and informed me that the water levels were good, and he had caught fish, but they had all been the typical 6' to 8' resident rainbows..

I decided to take him through a section that I know holds some bigger browns..(bigger for this water.)
We fished some of the flies from the stonefly swap,  I used CR's rubber legged BH nymph, and permit used my hair leg nymph..both flies did very well, catching a nice brown each, as well as some rainbows for permit, and a beast of a holdover brookie for me that didn't want his picture taken..

When I left the stream, under the heavy canopy, the temp on my trucks thermometer read 85.
20 minutes later when I pulled up at home it read 100.. sure is nice to have a little getaway so close by..

diaz dassie

One of the few who managed to get on 'em today, some beaitful browns! WTG -0-

rjs123

Wow!  I wanna see some pics of those 6'-8' rainbows :)

Nice browns!

wncpermit

the Bows were purty  and scrappy,,  but happily suprised to see the nice browns and that pig of a brookie..  need some rain this week.. esp up in the Pisgah..  our little drainage is holding up..   but  not for long....   

Woolly Bugger

good stuff, nice way to beat the heat..

you both suck
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

You have very hairy arms ;D and you suck. It's so hot here I saw a squirrel fanning his nuts. :laugh:
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 25, 2010, 21:48:02 PM
You have very hairy arms ;D and you suck. It's so hot here I saw a squirrel fanning his nuts. :laugh:

permit was hand model..my arms are not as hairy..

wncpermit

I am due for my full arm wax and finger buff for my next photo shoot with BRA..

blue ridge angler

possessed

Nice trout and nice pics.   8)

Get Bent

Fuck the heat!  >:D  Cool fishies y; y; y;

Konichiwa Bitches!