News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Late Shad Run

Started by troutrus, March 11, 2010, 09:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutrus

What a difference a year makes. This date last year, we were catching bunches of Hickories down on the Roanoke. Last year water temp ~52 which I've found to be ideal for the shad. Same date this year, water temp ~43.
Heard they're getting some on the Neuse. Anybody have a report from the PeeDee? Might check that out early next week.
Where's that guy that preaches all that global warming stuff?
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

rjs123

I think everything will be late this year.  I know things were not what they should be while I was in Florida.  At least that is what I was told.  The water down there is still slow to warm.

Id really like to fish the Rappahanock this year for Shad at Fredericksburg.  I used to live there but never fished it.

Trout Chaser

Quote from: rjs123 on March 11, 2010, 10:42:23 AM
Id really like to fish the Rappahanock this year for Shad at Fredericksburg.  I used to live there but never fished it.

Give me a shout when you want to make the trip.  I'll let you know when the run starts up here.

TC

croaker

This cold winter has set the Shad run back @ 4-6 weeks down here.
Water temp has warmed up to 54 degrees F (measured yesterday on the way home from work).

Heard of some good catchin' the last week or so.  Gonna see ifn I can get the 2010 Shad skunk off tomorrow.

croaker
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.