News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bum Rushing the Mountians.

Started by Big J, October 22, 2011, 14:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Got out today to fish an unnamed stream I've had on my radar for a while now, ended up being a bust so I broke out the Topomaps and hit 3 other streams I've never fished semi close by each other.  Gave each stream about 2 hours and then hit the next.  Figured I sample them all so I have a better idea of the area.  Two streams were a bust, but the other two weren't bad.  Didn't catch absolutely anything with any size, but did miss a really nice one that I was watching in the shallows.  He was close to 10 inches but couldn't get him to take anything.  Oh well, here are the few pictures I took from today.

Big Fish of the day, and yes, I did manage to caught brookies smaller then this.....  ???

Not a bad Saturday bumming around the mountains.  I can cross those 4 streams off my list and will probably only ever go back to one of them considering the lack of size in the brookies.  Had to fish a size 26 just so they could get ahold of it.

Phil

That's a little one, but a native jewel nonetheless. I love the brookies.
Nice deer pic.

I'm going tomorrow.

Transylwader

Leaves are looking beautiful, enjoy it before they're all gone ;D

Trout Maharishi

Hot spotter, I see the antennas on tip of MT Pisgah :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Big J

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 22, 2011, 15:32:31 PM

I wasn't fishing when I took that picture, it was a drive by  -0-

benben reincarnated

purty brookie.

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 22, 2011, 15:32:31 PM

that ain't Mt. Pisgah....too little relief and Pisgah only has one antenna.

The Dude

Damn, I would have attempted my best grunt call and rattled some sticks together and tried to jump that buck and slit its throat.  Holy cow!
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: The Dude on October 23, 2011, 18:52:37 PM
Damn, I would have attempted my best grunt call and rattled some sticks together and tried to jump that buck and slit its throat.  Holy cow!

I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe how wide his rack was. <insert rack joke here> 

Aka

Don't know if you don't go...
I spent friday beating the crap out of some really non-productive water in the park and just before I cut off and headed for the car I looked up to see these 4 ladies wading across above me.

[attachimg=1]

tattdflythrower

u shoulda took a stab at that bruiser buck haha
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Holmes

Just saw this, good deal man although i'm sorry you didn't get that nice fish. I sure laid into the giants over the weekend, but the brookies are done up here for awhile. It was giant bows and browns for me, ha lord.