Falwell and global warming.....LOL

Started by troutphisher, February 26, 2007, 19:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

You have to be Sh$%^&*# me!
Jerry Falwell is now an authority on global warming?

I don't mind opposing views, but one should have some knowledge and credentials to back up their views, or clearly state it is simply an opinion.

Given the long history of wrong conclusions drawn by religion, how can he even make this statement? He really stepped out of his element on this one. He even criticized others of the church. Does this guy have no bounds?

I can't believe this guy has a following, but then again Jimmy Jones had a following too.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200603140005

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

These type of people are glad to give you an opinion on just about anything, ask him about evolution. What gets me is there is always some fool in the wings nodding his/her head in agreement. There is plenty of evidence on both sides to support your argument for or against global warming. Just pick one, find some facts to support that argument, and ignore everything else. Hard as it is for me to believe, this guy has a following to ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

kylemc

Tm,That's the funniest thing I have seen in a while.

Gofisher

You got moderated, you got moderated... ;D

Trout Maharishi

It's OK most everyone saw it, Dali Lama though it was funny. I'm sure it pissed some body off. Of course that just drives the point home, he's full of it and so is anyone that would listen to him. Anyone that missed it and wants to see it let me know, I'll email it to ya :-*
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Gofisher

I knew you'ld get popped, I saved it!  ;D

sillybastardcaddis

There are three basic types of people in the world; Some people want you to tell them what to believe,some people who love to tell you what to believe, and those who formulate their beliefs pretty much on their own. It is one of the sad stories of organized religion.

I believe I'm going to tie some hare's ears today. 

Gofisher

Quote from: sillybastardcaddis on March 01, 2007, 14:15:20 PM
There are three basic types of people in the world; Some people want you to tell them what to believe,some people who love to tell you what to believe, and those who formulate their beliefs pretty much on their own. It is one of the sad stories of organized religion.

I believe I'm going to tie some hare's ears today. 

Then there's them that aren't sure what your post meant, and still will go fishing...I'm one of those...

Trout Maharishi

I understood SBC's post. I thought it was both intelligent and insightful. I tried to tell you that TN 5th grade education wasn't going to be enough. Remedial reading class at 9:00pm ;D
― Charles Bukowski

sillybastardcaddis