News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Phil

Yeah, Woolly. Got mine yesterday at 9 a.m. Had a headache and felt kinda crappy by evening and my arm is sore as shit.

jwgnc

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 30, 2021, 02:47:55 AMI'm not bitchin but this mofo is killing my arm —  p;-

2:47 and can't sleep
And now?
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: jwgnc on January 30, 2021, 08:11:41 AM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 30, 2021, 02:47:55 AMI'm not bitchin but this mofo is killing my arm —  p;-

2:47 and can't sleep
And now?

Tylenol took the edge off and I finally got some quality shut eye  - still Fairly sore but much better this morning
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on January 30, 2021, 08:30:43 AMWeenie.

Follow the research.  Multiple studies of men that consume swanky, ostentatious brews and their lack of tolerance for pain.  I think they call it pussification.

"In several studies conducted in Liechtenstein, researchers have discovered a lower pain threshold (the point at which pain begins to be felt) in males that regularly drink grandiose alcoholic beverages (ie. micro brews).  Researchers have wittily coined this condition in men as "pompous pussification"."

https://average2alpha.com/5-ways-that-men-are-becoming-little-bitches/
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Dougfish on January 30, 2021, 08:30:43 AMWeenie.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

itieuglyflies

I am old as shit and only wish my arm was sore from getting the vaccine.....but I live in Richmond .....enough said.

Woolly Bugger

Alternate reality

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-01-30/dodger-stadiums-covid-19-vaccination-site-shutdown-after-dozens-of-protesters-gather-at-entrance?fbclid=IwAR32IwKmDAZEq1gKsvm7SZi0H0toP5IIiLMCrBTUImIQQM1D-7k2MS3S3CQ

>>> The demonstrators included members of anti-vaccine and far-right groups. While some carried signs decrying the COVID-19 vaccine and shouting for people not to get the shots, there were no incidents of violence
me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Moderna #1 completed.  Minor pain and minor headache.  

With a snow alert yesterday, Madison County (pop 22,000) Health Department put out a notice:  "if you have an appointment, come whenever you feel it is safe."  I thought &^$*, it'll be a free-for-all, but we got there at 1:00 and were second in line.

They closed all county services today with heavy snow.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: jwgnc on February 02, 2021, 11:09:03 AMModerna #1 completed.  Minor pain and minor headache. 

With a snow alert yesterday, Madison County (pop 22,000) Health Department put out a notice:  "if you have an appointment, come whenever you feel it is safe."  I thought &^$*, it'll be a free-for-all, but we got there at 1:00 and were second in line.

It took about 6 hrs for my arm to really start hurting... good luck!!!  :drum

back to normal now...
me -There's a season?

troutboy_II

So had Wizer #2 yesterday at 10:00. Felt pretty good, arm a little sore, but not too bad. This morning I feel like shit - sore all over, head/sinus wonky, little energy.  :embarassed:

Troutgirl, on the other hand, feels good. So I guess the lesson here is you pays your money and takes your chances!  Still feel great that I have both shots on board now and I know I will be be back to normal in a day or so. All in all, very much worth a day or so of feeling punk.  Get the shots when you can.

Good luck everyone.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: jwgnc on February 02, 2021, 11:09:03 AMModerna #1 completed.  Minor pain and minor headache. 

How much did y'all get over there? I'm in Haywood a few miles from the Madison line, and we had about 5".
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

troutboy_II

Quote from: troutboy_II on February 03, 2021, 09:47:39 AMSo had Wizer #2 yesterday at 10:00. Felt pretty good, arm a little sore, but not too bad. This morning I feel like shit - sore all over, head/sinus wonky, little energy.  :embarassed:

Troutgirl, on the other hand, feels good. So I guess the lesson here is you pays your money and takes your chances!  Still feel great that I have both shots on board now and I know I will be be back to normal in a day or so. All in all, very much worth a day or so of feeling punk.  Get the shots when you can.

Good luck everyone.

TB

Followup:

Well, woke up today and felt normal again.  Remember, my "normal" at 71 has its own set of aches and pains, but felt great to be back to that normal.

So, second shot on Tues. morning; felt ok; woke up Wednesday feeling lousy; Thurs., woke up feeling good again.

Summary- worth it. I will feel like seeing my kids and grandkids are not a potential death sentence.  d:b  Still wear a mask though...

I'm only posting this so those of you hesitating for some reason will have some a life experience for perspective. And for what it's worth, Troutgirl only had a slight headache, so it could be mostly a nonevent for many of you.

Goodluck signing up
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

jwgnc

Quote from: Yallerhammer on February 03, 2021, 18:05:38 PM

How much did y'all get over there? I'm in Haywood a few miles from the Madison line, and we had about 5".
We got about 4" thru Tuesday at the house - at 2650 feet.  They cancelled Vax appointments Tuesday, but resumed Wednesday.  FYI: My minor pain and headache was gone by the morning after.

Al

Got my 2nd shot at 0930 this morning. So far so good. I will give an update tomorrow.