News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Onslow

So a well known person in my community went to Pawleys Island, took selfies smoking a cigar and various other pics, one of which had a caption saying, "what virus?"

This fella came home, hit the local stores, and promptly became very ill with the Covid 19. Both his wife and MIL have it also. They are in a high risk group.

Phil

Thin the herd, I guess. Just don't get near my ol' ass.

troutrus

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I just ordered a half dozen white lab coats, with "Mountain Grove Medical Center" on 6 and my name (plus "Head of Epidemiology") on 1, embroidered.  A video will follow, which I hope will go viral, promoting fellatio (both administering and receiving) as a cure and prevention for our latest viral threat.  It is my hope that some of you guys will benefit.  COVID-19, only 19 or more hummers will cure you and keep the virus at bay.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/dark-money-and-pac-s-coordinated-reopen-push-are-behind-doctors-viral-hydroxychloroquine-video/ar-BB17iepx?ocid=msedgntp
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

The anti hydroxychlororquine crowd may just have a Trump derangement issue. It is well known that many popular drugs such a statins can be quite harmful, and are over prescribed. Most supposed common cold treatments are not effective, but yet what do we protest? 

I'm for wearing a mask or respirator, hygienic behavior, social distancing, and could be moved to take the Trump drug for treatment until a vaccine is available.

Onslow

Initial projections regarding the number of people that will get sick, and die, may not have been far fetched. I fear we'll reach a tipping point well before Christmas. 

The dollar is collapsing, and with all free money going out the gate, It is a safe bet inflation will become an issue. With many Americans living well beyond their means, and our prosperity is a result of overspending, the worst is yet to come. When there is no incentive to behave, I believe may will start behaving very poorly.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

^^^ Now that's funny right there. :cheers

Onslow

Good news perhaps?  Enough with the Cunty News Network.

QuoteOutside the US, researchers are also closely tracking the role of population immunity in national responses. Sweden, for example, did not impose a strict lockdown, and saw a large number of deaths starting in April. Since then, however, the number of new infections has declined. The nation's leaders said last week that children would go back to school unmasked.

"I would say in Sweden there is no doubt that immunity plays an important role, more than in other countries," says Britton. "Now this epidemic is slowly stopping."
https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/08/11/1006366/immunity-slowing-down-coronavirus-parts-us/?itm_source=parsely-api

The graph is worth waiting for.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200724/why-are-swedens-coronavirus-figure-falling-so-sharply

troutrus

An Eden nursing/rehab facility has lost 4 residents to the virus in the last several weeks, with dozens more residents and staff infected. A Madison facility is dealing with multiple infection as well And the local stores including Food Lion and Walmart are still failing to enforce the facemask policy that is posted at their entrances. Very sad. b';

greg

Had an older lady come in my shop yesterday. She was asking how long does it take to order and get carpet sample? I told her usually about a weeek but with Covid it could take longer because mills are running behind. She said Covid is such a joke it's going away after election. Said she read that on the internet. I didn't say anything but know my expression had to say what the fuck?

troutrus

Ignorance abounds.
I don't envy folks that work directly with the public, particularly in these days and times.

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on August 28, 2020, 08:29:15 AMIgnorance abounds.
I don't envy folks that work directly with the public, particularly in these days and times.

I work with the public, albeit with those who own homes worth over 200k from all walks of life, and ethnicity. In that world things are fine, with the possible exception of poor physical health due to poor dietary intake, lack of exercise, and pill popping. 

That being said, most US citizens are fragile and entitled. Many believe life should be a 3D printer product without burrs, or rough patches.  Earth does not give two shits about humans, and as long as peeps do not come to terms with these facts, life will be a struggle. Contentment is largely about rational expectations, and what kind of noise is between our ears.

If one wants to be find joy in life, document every unnatural convenience one enjoys, and be grateful for every plate of food, and every friend. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on August 29, 2020, 11:30:21 AMThat being said, most US citizens are fragile and entitled. Many believe life should be a 3D printer product without burrs, or rough patches.  Earth does not give two shits about humans, and as long as peeps do not come to terms with these facts, life will be a struggle. Contentment is largely about rational expectations, and what kind of noise is between our ears.

If one wants to be find joy in life, document every unnatural convenience one enjoys, every plate of food, and every friend. 

Good stuff!!! Sound wisdom!!! Add natural convenience and you have a chapter for your next book.

True, simple pleasures.   I look at Little Back Creek every morning while drinking my coffee.  It continues to run down slope and has not changed direction.  All is well. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutrus

Guess the Rooster Fish trip with my son will have to wait for another time. Old as I'm getting, he may end up going without me in some future year. 🙁

Hello,

Thank You for your inquiry regarding Crocodile Bay Lodge, located on Costa Rica's beautiful Osa Peninsula! Our new brochure & eco tour listing is attached for your review.

Starting in September, only U.S. tourists who are residents of New York, New Jersey, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont and Connecticut may enter Costa Rica! Passengers must prove their residency in one of those states using their driver's license.

Tourists must obtain a negative PCR-RT test within 48 hours of their flight and purchase a travel-insurance plan that covers COVID-19. This can be a pre-approved Costa Rican plan, or a foreign one that meets a series of requirements.