News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Stinking River~

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 10, 2014, 10:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Got the call from RiverBum about fishing "the last of the Striper run" with Drifts on Friday, fortunately no work scheduled, so Hell Yea!

We were on the water by nine and planned a 5 mile float down the Stinking River starting at Brookneil and taking out at the old trestle bridge.

Bright and sunny with summer heat, damn good thing that Yeti will flat out chill down some beer.

Big fish of the day went to the Bum, the bite was way off. Even the gear heads struggled to boat fish.

Ya never know, if you don't go!

Good times on the float with almost enough beer, some snads and good company.

Let's do it again, it can't possibly stink that bad again!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Brookneal? I drive through that shithole on my way to SNP. I never knew stripers would be that far west. Holy shit!
I got the call at the last second yesterday afternoon to hit the Redneck River. We fucked em good. Over 100 caught on our bote, Dave's dad got opne about 7lbs. I shat my pants when a 35" big girl rolled up alongside our bote and 20 or so schoolie pune blokes jizzed all over her. I am doing this shit again for realz next year.

RiverbumCO

Good tunage all day, rockin' sound system in the boat, and good weather made the day worth it.  I think Dave has the pic of the monster striper. 

I will definitely float with that dude again.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Beetle

Is that a striper or a white/ hybrid?

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

croaker

Good to see y'all got some!  Beats the hell outta how I spent my day...

Quote from: RiverbumCO on May 10, 2014, 15:16:11 PM
I think it's a white.

Yep, thatsa White Bass.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Transylwader on May 10, 2014, 11:01:31 AM

We fucked em good. Over 100 caught on our bote, Dave's dad got opne about 7lbs. I shat my pants ...

Funny how it went from 70 to 100 overnight

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

70 between Dave n I. His ole man chucks gear. 100 total for the boat, asswipe!

Onslow

Quote from: Transylwader on May 10, 2014, 11:01:31 AM
Brookneal? I drive through that shithole on my way to SNP. I never knew stripers would be that far west. Holy shit!
I got the call at the last second yesterday afternoon to hit the Redneck River. We fucked em good. Over 100 caught on our bote, Dave's dad got opne about 7lbs. I shat my pants when a 35" big girl rolled up alongside our bote and 20 or so schoolie pune blokes jizzed all over her. I am doing this shit again for realz next year.

Dude, the Redneck has year round resident linesides.  Took a trip there last August and my paddling companion caught 4 between 4-8 pounds.  Some nice bucketmouth there also.  Also heard Brookneal has a few year round residences.

overbrook