new river float aug 20th

Started by lepomis_mcro, August 20, 2006, 21:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

a few of you may have seen this over on sefff, but i figure what the heck i could use a few more post. besides there hasnt been a warm water post on here in almost a month :)

two weeks ago i was planing on a trip to panthertown this weekend to fish for brookies, but i had things that needed to be done on saturday. so i could not make the trip

my friend mr_mcginty was in a mood for a float on the new again. since i had sunday open i decided that was a great idea.

we were at the put in around 8:30. the water look better than i was hoping it would, not too cloudy, but it was down some from my last float.

the fishing was on. i tied on a white popper and didnt have to take it off all day. everything i caught was on top water . i was one of those days that if you go fishing enough times your bound to hit it right a few times. mr_mac got a few on minnow imatations, but majority of his was also on top

here he is hooked onto a nice one
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

we also got to hit the fast water on molly osborne shoals, and penitentiary shoals

i hooked into this smallie, he jumped the hook came loose. when i lifted up my fly it had something reddish, and looked like it was part of something alive hooked to it. my first thought was. oh man i ripped part of his gills out. i felt bad, but when i got it closer i relized i had only stole his meal way from him. my hook was impaled in this crayfish claw. that was in his mouth i guess

before the day was out. i did manage to hook into a fairly nice fish. that went around 21 inches

looking forward to at least one more float before it cools of to much this fall.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Flyfisherman

Wish I had known you guys were hitting the New... I sure want to float it again ASAP.   :)