News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

butter belly

Started by blue ridge angler, December 17, 2009, 21:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

caught my personal best fish yesterday on a local stream that I have fished hard for 7 or so years..typical fish from this stream are 6" to 10" rainbows with a few 13" to 14"...
this year i finally started to get on some of the browns that also reside there, and yesterday got this toad... ;hb it made my day, unfortunately the only beer I had to toast the catch with was a warm pbr, so no pick of the beer...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

rjs123

Congratulations!  Nice fish.  0--0

and where did you say that was  ;D

Woolly Bugger

yowaz! that's a nice one for sure!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Thats the way!!!......... 0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

5xTippett

That is a pretty fish! ;hb

Trout Chaser

kylemc

Nice work! Lets see a better pic of that fly.

blue ridge angler

Quote from: kylemc on December 18, 2009, 12:11:59 PM
Nice work! Lets see a better pic of that fly.

;hb

trouthead

Good looking fish & fly!   0--0

CR

Great brown and cool looking glass rod- Is it a Lamiglas? Looks like it by the blank and with the large butt diameter where it meets the cork, possibly one of the older classic versions, which are great rods with a really nice slower action...
"I Feel God In This Chili's Tonight"

jwgnc

Wow - that sure is a sweet lookin' fly.  If i could tie it - that would be my personal best.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

diaz dassie

Hell yeah BRF!!! Stoked! Thats a good 'ol brownie. Hopefully theres more of them in that creek (twice the size).  ;hb

rjs123

Great looking fly.  Seems like that brown thought so too.

Im sure a lot of people on here can recognize what youve used on there but being fairly new to tying I have no idea.  What is it tied with and what is the feather on the side that is tied in at the head?

blue ridge angler

thanks guys,
cr, that rod is a classic 70's era lamiglas 2 pc 8' 6 wt glass blank that I built last winter..

rjs, here is a thread I made a few days or so ago about that very fly...http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,6535.0.html

glad y'all like it...

flynhokies

that fly looks really fishy man great tie and thanks for posting up the step by step of it...oh yeah sweet brown  0--0
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration."
-Claude Monet