As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Winter Sucks/Fishing Alternatives?

Started by Dougfish, January 04, 2018, 13:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Phil

These fools weren't even camp/fishing, just camping in subzero weather. The fishing sucks in Linville Gorge. Now that's really stupid.

http://www.blueridgenow.com/news/20180106/camper-rescued-by-helicopter-from-linville-gorge

Mstash

Mstash

outdoorguy3

Good stuff Rick!  I was there.

Fun time had by one and all.

See y'all on da river,

Ralph ;D 0:0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Onslow

Just riding around looking for places to fish & hunt

Big J

Here are some Crabtree Falls ice climbing pictures from this year.

Not my pictures. Just sharing.

Phil

Linville Falls NC frozen. Last time was in 1978-9 and maybe in 1984.

ryguy

I have a friend who climbed Crabtree yesterday.  Certainly a unique opportunity around here!  Warmer weather this week, hopefully along with rain...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

Quote from: ryguy on January 08, 2018, 11:31:29 AM
I have a friend who climbed Crabtree yesterday.  Certainly a unique opportunity around here!  Warmer weather this week, hopefully along with rain...

Your friend is crazy.  Cool, but crazy.  Whenever that waterfall freezes, there is a group of people that climb it, surprised the Forest Services haven't cracked down on it.  There has only been 29 people killed from that falls.....

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Winter ain't bad spent in the warm, with unlimited popcorn and drinks, and gorgeous, captivating sirens on the big screen.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

A river that I've been around since I was old enough to walk. I'm not sure I've ever seen it this frozen and solid. Cruising around yesterday wasting time on game lands with the little guy. Some areas of this river was showing what looked to be 12" of ice thickness. Interesting and quite appealing to the eye.

ryguy

Quote from: Big J on January 08, 2018, 11:38:52 AM
Quote from: ryguy on January 08, 2018, 11:31:29 AM

Your friend is crazy.  Cool, but crazy.  Whenever that waterfall freezes, there is a group of people that climb it, surprised the Forest Services haven't cracked down on it.  There has only been 29 people killed from that falls.....

I agree!  I'd rather not climb a frozen waterfall myself.  Rather hunt or fish when I'm out in the winter.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 08, 2018, 12:29:39 PM
Winter ain't bad spent in the warm, with unlimited popcorn and drinks, and gorgeous, captivating sirens on the big screen.

I do not know what is worse, your choice of movie selection or your selection of movie theater seating.....that hurts my neck.