A tribute to John C. Holmes

Started by Holmes, August 20, 2011, 21:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

John Holmes Tribute

I know ya'll askin, why dis tribute to John Holmes? Cus, the feesh heah in the bottom of Virginia got the size to really lay it out. So tranny, hows the feesh down there in CaCK?
;D

Been hitting my locals for a few weeks and keyed into a section full of monster bronzebacks, and numbers of fish in excess of 200 per day are realities. Topwater popping bug has been red hot some evenings.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Another view, they eat good in my neck of the woods.

Got this big one to eat a Holschlag hackle fly

Yesdterday was one for the record books, we got into a fish that looked like this

At the tailout of the pool that was loaded with citation smallies. Been exploring this river for 3 years, and finally hit paydirt

There was a nice ledge towards the top, the water was too deep to even see the bottom. I hooked up with the biggest smallie i've ever seen, but it managed to throw the hook. I managed to find another beast within 10 minutes- hell of a fish, hell of a fight.

My buddy dave was fishing a 1/4 ounce jig with a hula grub(cheater route) and managed a river monster of his own

The bite was ceased by some idiots floating this bony ass river in a canoe and hitting every rock in sight. Don't know why some people dig wet hikes this time of year. b'; Hightailed it back to my truck to catch the evening bite, landed this huge bucketmouth

Woke up again today to hit a new section with my friend cary. He hooked and lost the biggest smallie he had ever seen(make short work of 8 pound line)

I managed to land this good one

Headed back upriver and caught some big largemouth, and some other big smallies, but nothing photoworthy. Thanks for looking :D

5xTippett

Holmes

Thanks Larry, glad you like da pics ;D

Transylwader

Good God almigthy. You mate are a major fucking Asshole. I have never caught Smallies like that. I WILL BURY UR ASS. If I wake up and pull my finger out of my ass maybe I could retallie(hate). Totty, you are the shit. Now stop tormenting me and post up Slingblade crook brooks before I gotto hurt ur fagtatic richmunt duo.
PS. I FUCKIN dissaprove of Harrisonburg BIG TIME
Totty for President.  8)

Holmes

Quote from: Transylwader on August 20, 2011, 22:39:44 PM
Good God almigthy. You mate are a major fucking Asshole. I have never caught Smallies like that. I WILL BURY UR ASS. If I wake up and pull my finger out of my ass maybe I could retallie(hate). Totty, you are the shit. Now stop tormenting me and post up Slingblade crook brooks before I gotto hurt ur fagtatic richmunt duo.
PS. I FUCKIN dissaprove of Harrisonburg BIG TIME
Totty for President.  8)

Well pull you finger out of your ass and get back up here to VA. Brother, this is the land of triple digit days on the river and citation sized fish. Grab your heaviest fly rod and get up here, the door is always open. If not, me n the rest of my VA crew will sore lip the rest of em for ya. -0-

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

blue ridge angler

Good shit man..Gotta love rivers with high numbers..

kylemc

Woolly Bugger

nice too see some rebound on the VA smallies...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Chit man, those are some stupidly nice looking fish.   bd;0