News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Arrington, VA

Started by troutfanatic, May 23, 2017, 12:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfanatic

Hey.

I am headed to Arrington in August with a vet buddy I got involved in PHWFF. He's into the jam band music too, so we are going to LockN. 
:banana011:  :banana026:   /'/ While there, we were considering some fishing opportunities. I know the James is nearby, but don't know shit about what's in it or if it is wadable. I have a raft but this was more about a concert than fishing. Just looking for ideas. I don't hotspot so I don't need specifics, just targets to research. I am guessing there isn't much of trout water nearby and especially in August. I was thinking smallmouth, maybe carp?

Go to pm if you need to.

Native Fisher

Go west and you are quickly in the Blue Ridge and trout territory. Go east and you hit the James and smallmouth.  You are in the territory of several of the guys on this board.  In August, the James on some sections can be low and rocky making floating very tough.  The trout streams will be low too unless we get lucky with the rain.

troutfanatic

that seems to be the consensus.

Ken,
I got your text, my phone is jacked up. It took a dunk this past weekend. I'll hitcha back from my iPad this evening. Others have said what you said.

sanjuanwormhatch

Don't eat the brown acid.

troutfanatic

Does that still exist?

In my heyday, I was more of a fungus guy.  0:0

I haven't seen Phil Lesh on a stage since 1995. Gotta do this.

Native Fisher

I considered going to that event over the years but never could convince myself to go and be subjected to the yuppie hoard.  Been some good acts over the years at that shit show.

troutfanatic

My only desire is not to get arrested.

Jfey

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on May 23, 2017, 13:47:14 PM

Should be a great show.   /'/ Take SJWH's advice and you'll be fine.
Yup, going fishing

troutfanatic

Quote from: Jfey on May 23, 2017, 16:32:21 PM
Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on May 23, 2017, 13:47:14 PM

Should be a great show.   /'/ Take SJWH's advice and you'll be fine.

I'm actually surprised I am the only one who brought it up on here. Also going to D&Co., at least twice.

I am an advocate for the medicinal use of psychedelics; however, I am also seeking a medical license, so no goodies for me.

I'd prefer the fungus anyways.

Dougfish

Blue Mountain Barrel House is a must stop for brewskis.  Have an Evil 8, or three, thank me later. 0:0
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Native Fisher

TF,
I assume you just pulled your new profile picture from the web.  That guy is a very good blues/roots guitarist.  I have seen him and have one of his cds.
https://andypoxonband.com/store

troutfanatic

Quote from: Native Fisher on May 24, 2017, 07:01:48 AM
TF,
I assume you just pulled your new profile picture from the web.  That guy is a very good blues/roots guitarist.  I have seen him and have one of his cds.
https://andypoxonband.com/store

Yessir, but I dig his wig. I'm not red that much anymore, but I couldn't get the fro if I tried. I suck at the guitar, bigly.

Quote from: Dougfish on May 24, 2017, 05:32:14 AM
Blue Mountain Barrel House is a must stop for brewskis.  Have an Evil 8, or three, thank me later. 0:0

I shall take your recommendation.  0:0

Native Fisher

Quote from: troutfanatic on May 24, 2017, 09:15:50 AM
Yessir, but I dig his wig.

That was his real hair.  He has it short now.

troutfanatic

when I say wig, I don't actually mean a wig. I mean a hairstyle ;D

Native Fisher

Its bad enough dealing with my son and the scouts with their hip lingo.  I don't need any advanced age f'ers like me talking that shit.  :D