News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Quick Redemption

Started by driver, August 01, 2016, 19:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

After spending a week in Iceland last week, and poor fishing in what little time I had to fish over there. And then coming back to a shit storm at work. I needed to catch fish. I headed out late Sunday morning after getting a few chores done. On the water by 2pm. Temps were warm but the humidity was thick. Hiked in a mile. Caught bow on the second cast. Caught a lot of fish in the 3 hours I was there. I wasn't in a picture taking mood, after 2500 shots in Iceland I didn't really want to pull a camera out.

Decided to quit on a nice brookie and head over to the secret river. When I arrived I find a car in the lot. And see the bossman walking away. Called him back over and discussed our plans and agreed to meet nack up to cook some fish. I decided to go down a nymph, only ended up with the bow. Came back up bullshitted, drank and cooked and missed the end of the measly hatch. But had fun nonetheless.

Dougfish

Yes.  'c;

Water worked, fish cooperated. Glad you got into them.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Woolly Bugger

that bacon added the shizzel to the trouts... 0:0

did you manage to out run that massive deluge?

It was raining so effin hard that I missed the 158 turn off and had to drive an extra five miles through the torrential downpour.

saw that some places near High Point had 6.5 inches

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!