Smith River Sampling

Started by Al, July 11, 2016, 18:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroutMedic

Favorite saying from my paramedic teacher "slicker than eel shit" Jeff Reynolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VaTrout

You want game wardens on the river....don't call VDGIF.  They know they don't have the manpower to make it happen.  There are only 3 GW's covering Patrick, Henry, Franklin, and Pittsylvania Counties right now.  As long as SML is in this district, you aint going to see them during boating season. Period. 
People need to start calling the politicians when they see violations(after you call the hotline) and complain about the lack of response to your call even with higher license fees. This is the only way to make a difference.  I know most of us HATE anything to do with politics, but that is the only hope for this river at this point.

Al

Quote from: VaTrout on July 23, 2016, 15:25:30 PM
You want game wardens on the river....don't call VDGIF.  They know they don't have the manpower to make it happen.  There are only 3 GW's covering Patrick, Henry, Franklin, and Pittsylvania Counties right now.  As long as SML is in this district, you aint going to see them during boating season. Period. 
People need to start calling the politicians when they see violations(after you call the hotline) and complain about the lack of response to your call even with higher license fees. This is the only way to make a difference.  I know most of us HATE anything to do with politics, but that is the only hope for this river at this point.

Good point - I think you did this before but can you give us some names and contact info for the local and regional folks we should be contacting.

VaTrout

Quote from: Al on July 23, 2016, 15:43:21 PM
Quote from: VaTrout on July 23, 2016, 15:25:30 PM

Good point - I think you did this before but can you give us some names and contact info for the local and regional folks we should be contacting.

State
Leslie R. Adams 804-698-1060, 434-432-1600, DelLAdams@house.virginia.gov, http://lesadams.org
Bill Stanley - 804-698*7520, 540-721-6028, district20@senate.virginia.gov http://stanleyforsenate.com/

US
Congress
Morgan Griffith - 202-225-3861, 276-525-1405, Here's his staffers email ->Michelle.Jenkins@mail.house.gov

Senate
Mark Warner - 202-224-2023, 276-628-8158
Tim Kaine(Probably wouldn't waste my time wit this one now)

Local
http://www.henrycountyva.gov/members