Sex on the Windshield :)

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 18, 2006, 11:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damselfly

Wow! What a great time!
Thank you Brent, for the loan of your toon for my first voyage! What fun!

So what if I immediately did three donuts down river and the centrifugal force flung my fly box away. I kept two bugs and fished them all day...managing around 30 fish from smallies to redeye perch to fallfish, all on a BH woollybugger/stonefly.
I caught one little squeaker bass while I was back-rowing to park or moor or whatever the nautical term is for stop. Thought my rod looked hung up on the bottom.....till I pulled him in.
Shortly after, I heard rustling in a streamside sycamore tree....looked up, and there was a raccoon- climbing up for a better look at me! Those of you who know my recent exploits with the local wildlife, some of whom were rabid, will understand why I rowed myself away from shore to fish middle-river for awhile.
After a bit of creative navigating (it really IS backwards of rowing a canoe...!) and several fish, we came to the long, slow water section, where I went wading to fish the last set of riffles. Just about the time a floatilla of canoes was approaching, I caught a 10" smallie that ran at me, circled me twice in waist deep water, obviously trying to tie me with my own "rope", and banged his head- hard- into my butt twice, managing to hook himself on my back pocket, just out of reach!! Hysterical giggles ensued as I contorted myself in desperate attempt to unhook said bass before "the normal folks" arrived. It was a dicey situation." More fun than a bass in your pants!"
And that was my last fish of the day....well, how could you top that one anyhow?!
With the long slow water float/row, our 2.8 mile float took from 10am to 8:30pm, including shuttles, and, remembering a local restaurant for its good italian food, I led us all to Fanzarelli's on Main street- for one of the best meals I've had in a long time! I think it was the company.....and the day.....and the fishing.

lepomis_mcro

i didnt know you lost almost all your flies, you should have said something..i had a few poppers you could have used...

i almost lost my fly box of clousers, i had them in my pocked and waded to deep and the box floated out of my pocket. i reached down to get it and my pocket was empty. i turned and looked and it was floating down stream. :o lucky it was a slow  section and i chased it down
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

Damn Laurie, you should have said something. I had a bunch of hellgramites, rattle minnows, clousers and the such. Don't be shy next time you loose your stuff....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phg

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 22, 2006, 19:33:51 PM
Damn Laurie, you should have said something. I had a bunch of hellgramites, rattle minnows, clousers and the such. Don't be shy next time you loose your stuff....

...especially if you are going to tell the whole world about it a few days later.   ::) ;D

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: phg on June 22, 2006, 19:47:19 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 22, 2006, 19:33:51 PM

...especially if you are going to tell the whole world about it a few days later.   ::) ;D

losing her flies was nothing compared to the bass that was hooked to her ass ::)  ::) :o :o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Damselfly

More fun than a bass in your pants! :-X

I lost my box almost at the beginning of the day (causing a copycat effect- I think everybody floated their fly boxes, it's just mine that was for keeps)- and in retrospect, I'm sure that's when I saw one of the canoe guys (who I helped shove off of a rock, btw) jump in at the first set of ledges and come up with it, hooting and hollering. Oh well- maybe now he will get himself a fly rod and a new addiction. His first "hit" was on me.
The only thing that hurts is all my JT bream flies were in there (foam spiders and weighted bullies) along with an award-winning deer hair bass bug tied by Irish- that never made it to the water. Darn, that's a lot of Stomp and Fosters right there, replacing those!

FT loaned me a couple flies (which I forgot to return ::)- oops!), but I was doing so well with my leggy bug, I just left it on.
Now I understand the toon addiction.....what a great day!

croaker

Great tales and pictures!!!

Sounds like a good urn was had by all 8) 8)
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.