News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Flower id

Started by tomato can, July 18, 2013, 20:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomato can

Dougfish what kind of flower is this?  Some kind of lilly I presume but I ain't never seen it before.

[/URL]

& did you go fishing? 

Woolly Bugger

Is that a blackberry Lilly ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tomato can

I think your right.  It is a blackberry lily - but not a true lily but an Iris.

Beetle

Whatever it is wouldn't matter here in the city.   It would have been eaten by a deer weeks ago.

Those bastards are eating everything in my yard:  hostas, lilies, iris, beans, squash blooms, black eyed susans, daisies, etc etc.   

Even worse, they are in business with the rabbits who gladly devour anything left by the deer.

City life.........

Trout Maharishi

Beetle, you need to practice your bow shooting some before the season starts don't you -0- Invite Al or Ben up, they will kill anything that moves.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

DRIFTS

Quote from: Beetle on July 18, 2013, 21:31:13 PM
Whatever it is wouldn't matter here in the city.   It would have been eaten by a deer weeks ago.

Those bastards are eating everything in my yard:  hostas, lilies, iris, beans, squash blooms, black eyed susans, daisies, etc etc.   

Even worse, they are in business with the rabbits who gladly devour anything left by the deer.

City life.........
Thought that was just a local problem to where I live, fers eat everything-even my bushes and trees!
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Dougfish

Good get WB.
Beetle, stop planting the stuff they like! And spray some Liquid Fence on the stuff they do like.
BTW, I saw two nice 10-12 point bucks in my front yard and street when I pulled in Tuesday night. Good wall hangers.

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on July 19, 2013, 05:30:05 AM
Good get WB.
Beetle, stop planting the stuff they like! And spray some Liquid Fence on the stuff they do like.
BTW, I saw two nice 10-12 point bucks in my front yard and street when I pulled in Tuesday night. Good wall hangers.

On your street?  I know where you live and that area doesn't look like it should have any deer!  Of course, living in between houses on a busy street is the reason why he was about to get to be a 12 point. 

Native Fisher

Time to get a silencer for the .308 and load up the freezer.

Grannyknot

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 18, 2013, 22:56:58 PM
Beetle, you need to practice your bow shooting some before the season starts don't you -0- Invite Al or Ben up, they will kill anything that moves.

TM, during season, do you have to walk dillie on a leash so she can potty safely?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on July 19, 2013, 06:34:08 AM
Good get WB.

On your street?  I know where you live and that area doesn't look like it should have any deer!  Of course, living in between houses on a busy street is the reason why he was about to get to be a 12 point.

I've seen 6 in my yard at one time recently. I try to plant stuff they don't care for. And I have attack cats. ;D

Quote from: Native Fisher on July 19, 2013, 07:19:07 AM
Time to get a silencer for the .308 and load up the freezer.

Crossbow, maybe. I don't have a Bambi lovin' neighbor anymore.

rbphoto

I hear tell if you put Milorganite down in the yard it will keep the deer away for about 30 days.

Urban legend or anybody know if there's truth to that?
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Beetle on July 18, 2013, 21:31:13 PM

City life.........

you got two boys, put 'em to work pissin' on your bushes.. -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dougfish

Quote from: rbphoto on July 19, 2013, 07:59:20 AM
I hear tell if you put Milorganite down in the yard it will keep the deer away for about 30 days.

Urban legend or anybody know if there's truth to that?

I believe it. I've been using it for 10+ years. I'm not sure how long it lasts. I put it down in the spring when the new babies are nibbling. And it's a good fertilizer. I also spray my roses, hosta, hydrangea, etc with liquid Fence every three weeks or so. And I plunk 'em with the pellet gun. Bad man lives here!

tomato can

Deer are tick spreading varmints.  Varmints need to eat hot lead.