News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

If this great nation would rid itself of its loser drug user population, homicide deaths would plummet across the entire Western Hemisphere, and so would forced emigration, and illegal immigration. Party on, and continue celebrate infants in detox, black on black killings, and the Latino invasion.  The party can't stop.

Drug users are merely fukk-up wannabes too stupid to go pro, and regular abusers don't deserve to take their next breath of air.  I find it incomprehensible that so many born with reasonably functioning brains are so oblivious, and indifferent to the horrors stemming this detestable behavior.  I was born retarded, but was able to comprehend the consequences of opiate, and meth abuse in the abstract at a fairly young age.  Intelligent folk aspiring to be retards also don't deserve the next breath of air.

Time to throw them non sequitur sammiches in the garbage.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 14, 2019, 22:09:01 PM
Quote from: Onslow on January 14, 2019, 21:34:08 PM
Party on, ................. and the Latino invasion. 

Ken, I see you've visited Galax recently.  Party on!

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17/627251940/amid-a-hispanic-boom-conflicting-feelings-on-immigration

Mountain Grove hasn't been included in the party yet, but it will, at some point.  You will become uncomfortable when it does.  Keep on being smug about it.

Hiner, you have no clue how difficult it is to manage the workers that are both illiterate in their native language, and have no math skills. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Onslow on January 15, 2019, 06:47:43 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 14, 2019, 22:09:01 PM
Quote from: Onslow on January 14, 2019, 21:34:08 PM
Party on, ................. and the Latino invasion. 

Ken, I see you've visited Galax recently.  Party on!

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17/627251940/amid-a-hispanic-boom-conflicting-feelings-on-immigration

Mountain Grove hasn't been included in the party yet, but it will, at some point.  You will become uncomfortable when it does.  Keep on being smug about it.

Hiner, you have no clue how difficult it is to manage the workers that are both illiterate in their native language, and have no math skills.

I'm not being smug; I am poking fun at you.

My beloved Mt. Grove has been invited to the party.  Rt 39 is a major corridor for drugs entering from Pocahontas County WV.  I've observed the movement, as a member of the local fire/rescue, late at night, while directing traffic.  Shine a light in their stopped vehicle, law enforcement nearby but doing their own accident thing, see the perspiration, both hands on the wheel, white knuckles, no eye contact, no dialogue, windows up.

Now the nearest thing we have to immigrants is an immigration lawyer that purchased a farm on Little Back Creek.  Hell fire, if Galax can handle it, perhaps we can.  If I happen to win the lottery, which is not likely, I told my wife we would contact some humanitarian immigration entity and give, yes give, an immigrant family my late parent's home, plus try to find the family's breadwinner a job.  Party on!

My lone experience with immigrant workers was before I departed the NRV and had a new roof put on our home.  I shopped around, found a well referenced roofer, met with the pearly white owner/boss/foreman, got a written quote, and made a date/time.

The entire crew of about 15 showed on time, in several work vehicles, all eagerly jumped out, jabbering in Spanish with bits of broken English, each subgroup tackling a particular task, 30 minute lunch, back to work, job completed, and not an old nail or piece of shingle to be found. 

I approached the owner/boss, who remained with his crew all day, on why so many immigrant workers.  He was blunt:  they show up, they arrive sober/lucid, they work hard, they do good work, and they did not quit after 1 or 2 paychecks. 

Perhaps this was an outlier, an anomaly, or perhaps roofing requires little language or math skills, or perhaps the immigrants in your area need a new fucking boss. 

Gun related:  I did not observe any of the workers, or boss, with a sidearm.  Must have been in their work vehicles.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 14, 2019, 19:47:34 PM
J, your verbiage reminded me of the nonsensical saying, "If I had ham, I'd have ham and eggs, if I had eggs". 

With my blinders securely on, I know that the U.S. is the top civilian gun-owning country, and in the U.S. over 60% of homicides are gun related, and we, good old America, are either #1 or around #11 in mass shootings (depending on the inclusion of rate per population).  Plus, you must admit we do have absolute ease in obtaining firearms.   Tightening and adjusting those little side blinkers, scrutinizing those numbers, the facts, I have come to the conclusion we have a gun problem, because, with conviction, I am sure we don't have a greater number of crazies in this country over other civilized nations. 

Peace, you bunch of Moloch-gun-loving peckerwoods (Leviticus 18.21, 20.1-5 for the biblically challenged).  I am open for inducement on our number of crazies, if anyone is interested.

I'm really not sure how guns are easy to obtain.  Have to go through a background check whether you buy them at gun store, gun show, or interwebs.  Only way to not go through a background check is in private transactions and the seller is required by law to authenticate they are not selling to a felon or a person prohibited from purchasing firearms.  Liability falls on seller. 

Issue is people believe firearms are the issue when it is people.  Take Britian for example.  You have police confiscating butter knives from people and toting it as "another knife off the street".  You can always blame an inanimate object for an action, but it doesn't solve the issues.  People who break laws are not going to really care about breaking another.  But enjoy those blinders if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.  8)

In the words of Robert A. Heinlein - "an armed society is a polite society."

Dee-Vo

Sadly enough, you can't fill a room with toddlers and knives and expect to blame the toddler for the impending accidents.

The world is full of people who are cold, uncaring, spiteful, and mean. Unfortunately, they always will be.

There are times when you must look past what you believe to see that what you believe isn't always the correct action to take. Everyone cannot be correct.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on January 15, 2019, 09:01:01 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 14, 2019, 19:47:34 PM
J, your verbiage reminded me of the nonsensical saying, "If I had ham, I'd have ham and eggs, if I had eggs". 

With my blinders securely on, I know that the U.S. is the top civilian gun-owning country, and in the U.S. over 60% of homicides are gun related, and we, good old America, are either #1 or around #11 in mass shootings (depending on the inclusion of rate per population).  Plus, you must admit we do have absolute ease in obtaining firearms.   Tightening and adjusting those little side blinkers, scrutinizing those numbers, the facts, I have come to the conclusion we have a gun problem, because, with conviction, I am sure we don't have a greater number of crazies in this country over other civilized nations. 

Peace, you bunch of Moloch-gun-loving peckerwoods (Leviticus 18.21, 20.1-5 for the biblically challenged).  I am open for inducement on our number of crazies, if anyone is interested.

I'm really not sure how guns are easy to obtain.  Have to go through a background check whether you buy them at gun store, gun show, or interwebs.  Only way to not go through a background check is in private transactions and the seller is required by law to authenticate they are not selling to a felon or a person prohibited from purchasing firearms.  Liability falls on seller. 

Issue is people believe firearms are the issue when it is people.  Take Britian for example.  You have police confiscating butter knives from people and toting it as "another knife off the street".  You can always blame an inanimate object for an action, but it doesn't solve the issues.  People who break laws are not going to really care about breaking another.  But enjoy those blinders if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy.  8)

In the words of Robert A. Heinlein - "an armed society is a polite society."

Heinlein's stories are wonderful fiction, with no poverty and the quote is cute, and looks great on a t-shirt at the local gun show.   

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/03/02/world/international-gun-laws.html 

Obtaining is easy compared to others. 

If our "issue" is our "people", please tell me how our people are different from other earthly inhabitants and what inanimate objects do our people have access to that others may not.   So, I think what you're saying is we (US) might have more crazies than our world colleagues.   

Big J

HeinLein did more than fiction.

And are you saying violence and shootings do not happen in other countries? Is this the argument I need to disprove? Violent crimes in other countries happen at the same rate or higher than in the US. Sure, there may be less shootings, but look at bombings, vehicles running over people, etc. Heck, China has a guy go bonkers and stab a couple dozen people pretty regularly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367

http://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/world/asia/china-kindergarten-stabbing.amp.html

And the point that it is easier to get a gun in the US than countries that do not allow guns or have massive restrictions seems like a dumb argument too. Sure, we have freedom here. The point?  Bad people do bad things. Stopping good people from having things does not negate bad people doing bad things. Especially in what you are restricting is a tool that is effective In Stopping said bad person.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on January 15, 2019, 10:18:41 AMHeinLein
Quote from: Big J on January 15, 2019, 10:18:41 AMHeinLein did more than fiction. And are you saying violence and shootings do not happen in other countries? Is this the argument I need to disprove? Violent crimes in other countries happen at the same rate or higher than in the US. Sure, there may be less shootings, but look at bombings, vehicles running over people, etc. Heck, China has a guy go bonkers and stab a couple dozen people pretty regularly. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367 http://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/26/world/asia/china-kindergarten-stabbing.amp.html And the point that it is easier to get a gun in the US than countries that do not allow guns or have massive restrictions seems like a dumb argument too. Sure, we have freedom here. The point?  Bad people do bad things. Stopping good people from having things does not negate bad people doing bad things. Especially in what you are restricting is a tool that is effective In Stopping said bad person.

Sorry, enlighten me on Heinlein's non-fiction, non-science fiction works. 

You're the one that was unsure how guns are easy to obtain here in the U.S.  "I'm really not sure how guns are easy to obtain."

You are correct; we may not have more violent crime than other developed nations.  We have more guns. 

https://www.vox.com/2015/8/27/9217163/america-guns-europe

Al

You guys may as well accept the fact that you're never going to win an argument with Muddy no matter the topic  b'; If you call a lump of coal black he will respond with the observation that because it was originally in the ground and therefore likely has some remnants of color from the soil. He'll even provide a link to prove his point.

His background as a biology professor indicates he has a scientific mind but was likely reading the panties and bra section of Sears & Roebuck catalog out in the outhouse when they were passing out common sense.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Al on January 15, 2019, 11:03:01 AM
You guys may as well accept the fact that you're never going to win an argument with Muddy no matter the topic  b'; If you call a lump of coal black he will respond with the observation that because it was originally in the ground and therefore likely has some remnants of color from the soil. He'll even provide a link to prove his point.

His background as a biology professor indicates he has a scientific mind but was likely reading the panties and bra section of Sears & Roebuck catalog out in the outhouse when they were passing out common sense.

Al, you are still my pal.  You give me a good laugh and I remain infatuated with your lovely wife.

But you are only somewhat correct.  I've lost many arguments with the Mrs. and I was not "reading" the bra and panties section; I was looking at the photos.   I did not learn to read until the 8th grade. 

Now you guys go clean your damned guns and masturbate to the poster of the late Charlton Heston!

Peace guys – it has been a hoot.

Big J

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Way ahead of you Mudwall.  Just put some rounds thru this CZ 2075 on my lunch break.   /'/

22midge

how long did it take you to punch that many holes with a pencil ?     ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Beetle

Where do ISIS and the Taliban fit into the gun debate?