News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryguy

I have yet to see one they are in such high demand.  Got a buddy who pre ordered at Brownells, no estimates on ship dates.

All that said, if it is as good as they claim, I will strongly consider getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

There was a guy trying to sell one for $700 firm.  MSRP is $599 and gun shop prices have been $500-$550 when they do pop up.  I messaged the guy asking if he knew that MSRP was $599 and if for $700 it came with any extras.  He didn't react too kindly to me. 

Phil

My G27 is just too thick and heavy for true EDC. Been thinking about a G43.

Big J

Quote from: Phil on April 16, 2018, 15:26:40 PM

Cannot go wrong with a S&W Shield or a G43.  Both time proven.  I personally liked the Shield a little more (hence why I bought one) just solely off of the extra round in flush and extended mags.  Ended up selling the Shield for an LCP II for extra concealment.  I'll get the P365 to fill the single stack 9 role though and put some rounds thru it.

Whatever you decide Phil, you can't go wrong between the three.  It'll be a whole lot more comfortable than the G27 too.

Phil

.380 isn't enough stoppage....

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on April 16, 2018, 15:26:40 PM

I carry a G23 every day, even in shorts and tshirt. Never had a problem. I have a little LC9 too that I like to carry, but it just doesn't hold enough munitions to suit me.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on April 16, 2018, 15:55:12 PM
.380 isn't enough stoppage....

Agreed. Did you see the video awhile back where the two women shot the robber multiple times with a .380 and a .38?

Big J

While I do agree you lose a lot going below 9mm, .380 has it's niche.  The thing .380 has going for it these days is advancements in ammo and size of the guns.  Bigger guns and more rounds are nice, if you can carry it.  Easier to pass on carrying for the day a double stack 15 round gun than it is a gun you can just slip in your pocket.  Also nice for situations where you do not want to print but want to have something.  The Lehigh .380 xtreme penetrators aren't a bad little .380 round. 

James Bong carried a .32 acp. 

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Phil

Ohhhh, Henheheh. I was waiting....    'c;    y;

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on April 17, 2018, 17:58:54 PM
Quote from: Big J on April 17, 2018, 12:48:31 PM

James bong was a bag guge.

Haha. Darn auto correct. It is close to 4/20

Al

Quote from: Big J on April 17, 2018, 12:48:31 PM
While I do agree you lose a lot going below 9mm, .380 has it's niche.  The thing .380 has going for it these days is advancements in ammo and size of the guns.  Bigger guns and more rounds are nice, if you can carry it.  Easier to pass on carrying for the day a double stack 15 round gun than it is a gun you can just slip in your pocket.  Also nice for situations where you do not want to print but want to have something.  The Lehigh .380 xtreme penetrators aren't a bad little .380 round. 

Totally agree - With good ammo the .380 in the pocket or inside your waistband is better then the cannon in your glove compartment or back home because it was too large to carry / conceal with the clothes you are wearing.

Phil

OK, I'll bow to Al's superior knowledge on this one. I've been trying to find a 9mm small enough to really conceal. Never tried the .380 except with regular rounds and wasn't impressed.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Phil on April 18, 2018, 09:03:45 AM
OK, I'll bow to Al's superior knowledge on this one. I've been trying to find a 9mm small enough to really conceal. Never tried the .380 except with regular rounds and wasn't impressed.

Ruger LC9s, hands down. I've carried mine on the beach in swimming trunks and a tshirt without even a belt.

22midge

what about the G17 ? opinions
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life