News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natureboy

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I added one to the stable a few weeks ago, pawnshop deal, itching to break a few clays with it.

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Big J

Big J

Quote from: RiverbumCO on January 31, 2016, 00:33:09 AM
But really, looking like with Hornady xtps i can be 2 high at 50, dead at 100 and 3-4 low at 150.  Not that im shooting 150 with it.

Are the leverevolution ammo from Hornady any good on .357 and .44? My limited understanding is it was made to made some of the pointed cartridges more safe loading in Lever guns. Any accuracy gained from the point on flat nose cartridges?

Onslow

RiverbumCO

Quote from: Big J on January 31, 2016, 10:12:21 AM
Quote from: RiverbumCO on January 31, 2016, 00:33:09 AM
But really, looking like with Hornady xtps i can be 2 high at 50, dead at 100 and 3-4 low at 150.  Not that im shooting 150 with it.

Are the leverevolution ammo from Hornady any good on .357 and .44? My limited understanding is it was made to made some of the pointed cartridges more safe loading in Lever guns. Any accuracy gained from the point on flat nose cartridges?

Probably not accuracy, i think they were designed to extend the range of those chamberings.  Kinda defeats the purpose imo.  I wont use it, the bullets fragment and blow up too quickly.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Big J

Put a couple hundred rounds thru the Winchester 94. Action on the 94 has been a little gunky so disassembly, a little sanding, and cleaning was due. Fun gun to take apart and reassemble

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Al

My thumb/wrist is keeping me from doing anything useful so I have been surfing the net a bit. Here is one that refutes a lot of what the anti's would have us gun nuts believe

https://www.youtube.com/embed/pELwCqz2JfE?rel=0&autoplay=true

Pansyman

You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

Yallerhammer

My son is currently residing in Illinois. He hates it, and so does his wife, who is a Texas gal. Uncle Sam decrees that they live there, though.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Da Heisenberg

IL is gonna burn. Them bad cops killed a poor innocent 16 y/o hood rat for the mere offense of pointing a gun at a cop.

Black Lives Matter is in full effect. You know the group right? That's those people of African ancestry getting their strings pulled by a former SS guy, old white, billionaire, hedge fund manager and patron saint of the Clintons.

Big J

Only took 10 months to get this. More fun than Uncle Sam wants us Red Blooded Americans to have.

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Big J on May 30, 2017, 10:17:02 AM

Only took 10 months to get this. More fun than Uncle Sam wants us Red Blooded Americans to have.

The image/video is blocked here at work, but based on the 10 months comment, I'm assuming it's a suppressor or other NFA item.  Good stuff if so.  I have a SilencerCo Omega on my .300blk SBR.  Subsonics are a lot of fun with that set up.
Jeremiah 17:7

Big J

Quote from: hcrum87hc on May 31, 2017, 11:38:32 AM

The image/video is blocked here at work, but based on the 10 months comment, I'm assuming it's a suppressor or other NFA item.  Good stuff if so.  I have a SilencerCo Omega on my .300blk SBR.  Subsonics are a lot of fun with that set up.

Correct. It's a .22 suppressor so it's very quiet. Heard good things about .300blk suppressed. Heck a supressor company designed that cartridge.  Good luck on that wait, it's painful waiting that long. Once the wait times go back down I think I'll pick up a 30 cal can.

Michael Toris

BigJ, squirrel sniper

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk