News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

My grandfather used the Krag in the Spanish-American war.  He was born in 1863.

RiverbumCO

I think the 1522 just claimed its first life.  A possum.  Damn this gun is fun.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 26, 2014, 19:52:27 PM
Quote from: benben on November 26, 2014, 17:16:13 PM

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 26, 2014, 16:30:16 PM
Nothing like a good article about a crime involving an AR to re-flame the thread.

thanks Ben

Thank me later.

I just did

Not late enough.  Wait.  Calm down.

Big J

Big J

Quote from: steelrain202 on November 27, 2014, 10:46:17 AM
I never understood a pistol caliber rifle.

Same ammo as side arm. Same mags as side arm too depending on carbine.

Big J

And .357 mag and .44 mag rifles will take down any big game in the U.S. with ease.  The .357 mag. plenty for anything on east coast and .44 mag is great grizzly medicine out west.

Big J

Quote from: steelrain202 on November 27, 2014, 10:52:37 AM
J I understand ballistics very well.

;D People like simplicity.  Nothing simpler than a same good cartridge for a pistol and rifle.

flatlander

Ok gun nuts...my father-in-law bought a M4/AR15 (whatever they are called), and I have to admit, they're pretty fun to shoot at the range.  Make my heavy-barreled varmint rifles  seem pretty boring.  So if I were to buy one, what manufacturer?  I mean they're black, and they all look alike.

flatlander

I don't know. Looking at Bud's Guns looks like the range seems to 650-1100 'ish.  Are Colts worth the premium over other manufacturers? 

flatlander

Thanks.  I see all three at Buds.  The BCM's seem priced in line with Colt.  Daniels Defense is "Quote Only" so I assume they are even pricier.  They only seem to be offering components in the Spikes.  So what makes the BCM better than say a Colt?  Barrel? Tolerances?

flatlander

Thanks.  I've heard people mention Daniels Defense before, but I never would have given BCM or Spikes a glance.  Happy Thanksgiving.

Al

Quote from: Shiite or Shinola on December 16, 2014, 18:52:26 PM
Justice for little Johnny!

While I grieve for the parents of the Sandy Hook victims why should they or their lawyers get rich off the sale of something sold legally. If they want to change the law, which many have tried to do, they need to go through the legislative process. Yes, I know that would pit them against the NRA and that has not worked out very well. Like it or lump it that is how laws are made in this country. The NRA is not doing anything different than thousands of other lobbyist groups.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Al on December 17, 2014, 07:03:04 AM
Quote from: Shiite or Shinola on December 16, 2014, 18:52:26 PM
Justice for little Johnny!

While I grieve for the parents of the Sandy Hook victims why should they or their lawyers get rich off the sale of something sold legally. If they want to change the law, which many have tried to do, they need to go through the legislative process. Yes, I know that would pit them against the NRA and that has not worked out very well. Like it or lump it that is how laws are made in this country. The NRA is not doing anything different than thousands of other lobbyist groups.

I suppose this lawsuit will test the 2005 federal law protecting gun companies.  Personally, it would be difficult for me to sue anyone, but the sorrow of these parents is foreign to me, so who knows for sure what we/I would do.   

"Get rich"?  What are they asking?

And Al, is the lawsuit not legal, just as it is legal to produce/sell these firearms?  How can you condemn U.S. citizens from exercising their legal right and then defend the legal right of getting rich manufacturing and selling firearms? 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Al

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on December 17, 2014, 11:08:34 AM
And Al, is the lawsuit not legal, just as it is legal to produce/sell these firearms?  How can you condemn U.S. citizens from exercising their legal right and then defend the legal right of getting rich manufacturing and selling firearms?

Actually the ones I am ranting against are the "ambulance chasing" lawyers. I am not condemning all lawyers, we all need them at times but there are some who smell $$$$ and go for it no matter what. Their motive has nothing to do with justice for the parents.