Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Local Trout Streams / Tailwaters / Re: MLK day, where to?
« Last post by Dougfish on January 22, 2019, 22:55:53 PM »
 Better than me.  0:0
« Last post by BRFFF on January 22, 2019, 17:00:04 PM »
At least ya got out and explored some! I maybe small streaming tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by The Dude on January 22, 2019, 12:39:46 PM »

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow 'er down there hos. It wasn't just kings.

Shouldn't you be cracking the whip on those Sumatran seamstresses right now?  Get back to work.
https://intothewool.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/its-all-in-the-details/
« Last post by Aka on January 22, 2019, 09:51:52 AM »
Curtis Creek. Park at the gate and hike up 1/4 mile. You’ll have the water to yourself and there should be plenty of wild fish. Find long slow pools and fish them thoroughly from tailout to head riffles and everywhere in between. Make long drifts through the middle and stay near the bottom. Set the hook at anything and everything. Takes will be subtle. If you aren’t catching fish, it is likely more that you are getting bites without you ever knowing than it is that the fish aren’t biting. If you feel like you are making a good drift through a prime section and aren’t getting takes, set the hook at random and you might be surprised.

If all else fails lay out a 50 - 60 foot cast from the back of the pools all the way to the head and strip set all the way back. This typically gets fish interested that otherwise might not be moving around too much. Often you will find they become so voracious that they become frenzied and attack with such vigor they will miss the fly with their mouths and your hook may get stuck in the side of the fish. If that happens you're doing something right so just continue doing it.
Sage advice from an old Alaskan King Salmon snagger.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow 'er down there hos. It wasn't just kings.
The bar is open.... / Re: 20 Years of PFF
« Last post by croaker on January 22, 2019, 08:57:05 AM »
Made it to my 1st in Oct. '01 at Baslam Lodge.
Been a grand run with some of the finest folks on the planet.

JT,  good news on yer recovery!

croaker
« Last post by hcrum87hc on January 22, 2019, 08:47:15 AM »
I went.  I probably shouldn't have, except for the fact I was able to get out of the house.  It never got above freezing, but the sun was shining, so it wasn't too bad.  It was definitely the coldest I've ever fished, though.  No hook ups, as expected, but it was nice to get out.  The water was high and fast, which wasn't super conducive for winter fishing when combined with the cold.  I found a couple of good looking holes and dredged the bottom with no luck.  I did check out a few new streams and forest service roads, so it wasn't a total bust.

Guests can't see images. Please login or login

I thought these tear drop icicles were cool.

I though this hole might have something for me. 

b';

« Last post by Phil on January 22, 2019, 07:51:52 AM »
Good news about the shoulder, JT!  'c;  /'/
BRFFF Fly Swaps / Re: Annual BRFFF Fly SWAP! Tiers Choice - Due on the Ides of March!
« Last post by rbphoto on January 22, 2019, 07:11:51 AM »
I am having tiers block on what to tie for the swap!!!!!!??!?!  Think, what do y’all like to fish?

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it’s not the fish they are after” HDT

Olive Soft hackles!

I plan to tie up a bunch of Galloup's Found Link because I've yet to tie a decent dry fly.  Since he never goes below size 18, y'all are getting size 16.

Just need to pick a color . . .

Preferences?
I am having tiers block on what to tie for the swap!!!!!!??!?!  Think, what do y’all like to fish?

“Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing it’s not the fish they are after” HDT
« Last post by Stone-Man on January 21, 2019, 20:27:46 PM »
Thanks Jason

I have been released to fish conservatively.  But, the streams are in the woods here now and snow melt cold. I figured that maybe 50-75 casts would be the max to begin with and I will do that minimal fishing when there is a chance of getting a bite. Had therapy today and the therapists are are very positive about the progress that I am making  'c;

JT
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10