News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the SoHo fishermen

Started by Grannyknot, May 29, 2014, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grannyknot

Those of you who are outside of Tennessee probably didn't hear much (if anything) about this....

http://littleriveroutfitters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17523

Might want to read the posts in the above link from Big Sur & Joe Congleton.
There's some pretty important info there, and some links and advice for preserving the tailwater fisheries in Tennessee.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

DRIFTS

Thanks for the heads up... Hard for me to afford the out of state license, lodging, and gas down there as it is, hope this all works out
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Grannyknot

Quote from: DRIFTS on May 30, 2014, 05:24:37 AM
Thanks for the heads up... Hard for me to afford the out of state license, lodging, and gas down there as it is, hope this all works out

Luckily, it appears that an increased license cost is off the table as an option to fund the hatcheries.
It appears that the likely solution is for TVA to foot the bill, & pass along the additional cost to rate-payers, which probably won't go over well, understandably.

If anyone has a dog in the fight, please leave comments on the TVA website, and/or send an email to Lamar Alexander, who has really taken the side of the sportsmen on this issue in the past.  I believe someone has taken the time to type a form letter and posted it to the LRO site.

Thanks,
Cody
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Rod Champion

It looks to me that TVA funded $901,000 for 2014-2016... then the trouble begins... I have mixed feelings... if we could just get good enforcement of the law, the South Holston probably needs no more fish..
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Michael Toris

Quote from: RiverbumCO on June 03, 2014, 21:22:00 PM
It needs less guides.

And more bait fishermen keeping fish. Poor guys get booed of the river keeping a damn trout. That place has already gone to hell anyway. Too many damn people

Aka

Quote from: wildmttrout on June 03, 2014, 21:49:53 PM
It needs less guides.

And more bait fishermen keeping fish. Poor guys get booed of the river keeping a damn trout. That place has already gone to hell anyway. Too many damn people

SOHO fish fry camp out sign up sheet below.

Michael Toris

Quote from: AK Aaron on June 03, 2014, 22:18:11 PM
It needs less guides.

I'm bringing a panther martin and a frying pan

Big J

It needs less guides.

There is no wild brookies in the SoHo so I'll come.

benben reincarnated

I'm in.  I can bring a big turkey fish fryer so we can do this thing right. 

I'll go real ghetto and not even buy a TN license.  That means I get to keep all I want because I'm a foreigner. 

DRIFTS

I got the power bait, should i bring da boat?  /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

It needs less guides.

Dog gone it, just when I think you folks have nothing to offer, you come up with a fresh idea.  I can't make any SOHO fry, but if that one is a success, could you bring the operation to the Smith?   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon