Previous topic - Next topic

Are you watching?

Yes, riveting
4 (30.8%)
No, meh
9 (69.2%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Onslow

I'm sick of the tit for tat, or equal footing talk. 

There is one standard, and it is called equal protection under the law, also known as the 14th amendment. The law is the fucking law, and it applies to all. If one breaks it, then there is a penalty. It is a very simple and effective concept.

If anyone of the George Floyd rioters vandalized property, they should be arrested.  They are not social justice warriors, but violators of others rights.  If capital rioters broke shit and the law, arrest their asses as well. Vandalism is intimidation, and intimidation is illegal.  See Civil Rights Conspiracy Statute 241.

Liz Cheney is doing the right thing.  She is upholding a standard which makes it strong.  If people diminish a standard, it is at our own peril. 

Those on the left who are fixated on imposing the woke moral order on people will get their comeuppance in due time.  It is called getting voted out of office.  The next task will stripping power and influence way from Blackrock.  That will be a bit more challenging. Turn off the TV, and quit buying....

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Onslow on June 17, 2022, 09:55:41 AMI'm sick of the tit for tat, or equal footing talk. 

There is one standard, and it is called equal protection under the law, also known as the 14th amendment. The law is the fucking law, and it applies to all. If one breaks it, then there is a penalty. It is a very simple and effective concept.

If anyone of the George Floyd rioters vandalized property, they should be arrested.  They are not social justice warriors, but violators of others rights.  If capital rioters broke shit and the law, arrest their asses as well. Vandalism is intimidation, and intimidation is illegal.  See Civil Rights Conspiracy Statute 241.

Liz Cheney is doing the right thing.  She is upholding a standard which makes it strong.  If people diminish a standard, it is at our own peril. 

Those on the left who are fixated on imposing the moral order on people will get their comeuppance in due time.  It is called getting voted out of office.  The next task will stripping power and influence way from Blackrock.  That will be a bit more challenging. Turn off the TV, and quit buying....

I agree, one standard for everyone. Ever wonder how and why the 2 republicans that do sit on the committed got there? Both are going to need all of the money they will recieve for their cooperation. I'm fairly certain both are dead politically. Keep fixating on this, nothing else is going on in American. Don't look at your 401K, buy groceries, or fill up your tank today. :o  :P  b';
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

I was disappointed that the rioters were looking to hang pence. With many of comrade trumpsky's disciples expressing the notion that the donald was sent by god to serve, and considering pence a fallen apostle, I just felt that crucifixion would have been much more symbolic for the event.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

Anyone else hear about Steven Colbert's staffers being arrested for being inside of the capital illegally yesterday? I hope they let them post bail.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The Floyd riots, the Charlottesville revolution, and all other gatherings if rules and regulations are broken are unacceptable.  But looting a 711 or storming the streets of a university town carrying tiki torches does not compare to 6 Jan.  And anyone that makes a comparison or notes a similarity is a fucking idiot.

Unraveling 6 Jan and assuring it never happens again indeed should take precedence over gas and grocery prices, and 401Ks.  Particularly with this aging group of anglers.  Face it, we have a few decades remaining if we're lucky.  If given the choice, I'd take democracy longevity over growing investments or the low price of goods.   

Happy Dad's day
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

trout-r-us

Speaking of the almighty dollar, it's a darn  shame how cult members were duped into sending their disposable income to trumpsky's big lie defense fund, when at the same time jet fuel prices have reached a point where some TV evangelists are faced with the prospect of either downsizing or grounding their private jets.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

George Floyd, crime and drug free since May 2020. I knew he could do it <-;:  I didn't have any money to send to Trump, I'd already sent it all to "Save The Wales" Even got a free tee-shirt.

― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 18, 2022, 05:33:57 AMThe Floyd riots, the Charlottesville revolution, and all other gatherings if rules and regulations are broken are unacceptable.  But looting a 711 or storming the streets of a university town carrying tiki torches does not compare to 6 Jan.  And anyone that makes a comparison or notes a similarity is a fucking idiot.

Unraveling 6 Jan and assuring it never happens again indeed should take precedence over gas and grocery prices, and 401Ks.  Particularly with this aging group of anglers.  Face it, we have a few decades remaining if we're lucky.  If given the choice, I'd take democracy longevity over growing investments or the low price of goods.   

Happy Dad's day

I'm 70 years old. I'm not buying long term investments like 30 years bonds <-;:  any more.
― Charles Bukowski

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 18, 2022, 05:33:57 AMThe Floyd riots, the Charlottesville revolution, and all other gatherings if rules and regulations are broken are unacceptable.  But looting a 711 or storming the streets of a university town carrying tiki torches does not compare to 6 Jan.  And anyone that makes a comparison or notes a similarity is a fucking idiot.

Happy Dad's day

Yes, you are correct.  The George Floyd riot damage is estimated at 1-2 billion dollars.  Capitol riots, 1.5-2.5 million.  Portions of Seattle were occupied for weeks by armed goons.

Food for thought.  If law enforcement would have been responsive in places like Seattle and Portland, Trump and his armed goon squads probably wouldn't have pulled this stunt.  Trump has a clear track record of exploiting weakness.

trout-r-us

This thread got me thinking of the forum member known as Sedition and Pockets. Clever handle and I respect what it represents. I really miss those briny fishing reports.
If you're out there, I hope you are well and ketchin' a bunch.
― Heraclitus

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 18, 2022, 05:33:57 AMIf given the choice, I'd take democracy longevity over growing investments or the low price of goods.   

Why can't we have both? I'd like to throw in lower crime and secure boarders to.
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

A couple witnesses today offer some hope that there are still a couple republicans that seem to have the integrity to do what is right.
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

Quote from: trout-r-us on June 21, 2022, 15:59:57 PMA couple witnesses today offer some hope that there are still a couple republicans that seem to have the integrity to do what is right.

Please strike my last comment. I'll return to my original impression that all republican politicians are worthless.
― Heraclitus

rbphoto

Quote from: trout-r-us on June 23, 2022, 11:11:12 AMPlease strike my last comment. I'll return to my original impression that all republican politicians are worthless.

Fixed it for you
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Trout Maharishi

My wife said if they keep interrupting those soap operas like "The Young and the Restless" there's going to be another problem at the capital :laugh:
― Charles Bukowski