News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Bitter Sweet day

Started by DaAx, July 06, 2014, 20:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaAx

Dropped my oldest off at VA Tech today.  Left him with these words: Keep your eyes on your stuff and the prize.  Now make yourself and me proud.
Monkeys make anything funny...anything...

Native Fisher

He there to start the second summer session? athlete?

Michael Toris

Right on man! What is his current major?

Transylwader

Best to the young lad. 

DaAx

Not an athlete. He's a transfer which basically wiped out everything in Freshman year and most of Sophomore year.  Unfortunately, he's majoring in Aeronautical Engineering (let's see how long that lasts), so he needs to take Intro to Engineering I & II.  Either he takes the 5-week Summer II compressed class OR be in school all next summer to catch up.  Although it basically threw our summer vacay plans into the crapper, it'll be good:

1- He's rooming for this class with his best friend from HS who is also an Aero Eng student.
2- He'll get to acclimate himself with the campus and stuff without the other 20K clowns there.
3- For his first time, he can focus on just one tough course rather than five courses.

He'll do fine.  I just have to go back down in August to move him to his digs for the Fall and Spring semesters.  The bills just keep racking up...

Big J

Quote from: DaAx on July 07, 2014, 09:39:04 AM
Not an athlete. He's a transfer which basically wiped out everything in Freshman year and most of Sophomore year.  Unfortunately, he's majoring in Aeronautical Engineering (let's see how long that lasts), so he needs to take Intro to Engineering I & II.  Either he takes the 5-week Summer II compressed class OR be in school all next summer to catch up.  Although it basically threw our summer vacay plans into the crapper, it'll be good:

1- He's rooming for this class with his best friend from HS who is also an Aero Eng student.
2- He'll get to acclimate himself with the campus and stuff without the other 20K clowns there.
3- For his first time, he can focus on just one tough course rather than five courses.

He'll do fine.  I just have to go back down in August to move him to his digs for the Fall and Spring semesters.  The bills just keep racking up...

You should reward yourself for the bills by going fishing up here.  Shoot one of the VA guys a PM next time and bring your fly rod.  Mudwall is right there on campus, Dougfish is in Roanoke, and I'm in Roanoke about every other weekend.

Native Fisher

The bills just keep racking up...

I feel your pain.  I have a junior there.  I will be paying two rent payments this month.  Last monthly payment on current apartment and first month rent on new apartment and get to go move all the stuff in a couple weeks.

creekfreak

Tell me about it. I had 2 go there, and only my daughter made it. Son was too wide open. Good Luck to the boy, keep him grinding.
Guinness! Good God!

Transylwader

Aeronautical Engineering
Hells yes. If he ends up being an ole "regular" engineer, it's no train smash. Now if he becomes a bit of a pimp, hooks up chicks, fly fishes, drinks and flunks class, kick his ass!

Onslow

Job well done DaAx.  Best wishes for your son.

Dougfish

Another Hokie in the works!
Congratulations.  'c;
And as J said, we can show you some of our local waters.

DaAx

I'm not too far out...I'm in Winchester.

Yeah, I gotta get used to this Hokie thing.  I'm a die-hard WVU fan, for better or worse.  Spent a lot of years rooting against VT, but I never hated on them.  Actually, I really respected them.  But, wearing VT gear...this is something that I have to get used to.  I did buy a VT hat from the bookstore on orientation day.

When the smoke clears, I'll take some of you guys up on that.  I appreciate the responses.

Dougfish

I hear you. My wife is a Wahoo, from WV.  :o
Her family is Mountaineer grads, through and through. I wear my VT shit over there and they give me grief. I just say "Scoreboard".
The rivalry is starting back up. I'm not sure I'll ever go back to Morganhole for a game. Barely got out of there unscathed the last time.

DaAx

I get ya.  I saw a WVU game when Milan Pushkar first opened...the first year in fact.  I don't think I'd go now.  As I told my wife, VT will be my 1B team.  Old allegiances die hard.