News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

little of this, little of that

Started by benben, December 28, 2011, 17:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

It was a cold, snowy, and windy this morning, so figured it would be a good day to make my second homage to The D and try a little of that again.  Hit the water around 10 and the crowd was slim, as it was most of the day.  I fished for about 3 and a half hours.  I can't complain, I tripled my fish count from 1 on my first outing to 3...I had 5 more get off, which I normally wouldn't count, but hey, it's The D. 

all to myself

lunch break

I then decided to cleanse my soul a little and hit a blue line before calling it a day.  A few dinks decided to come out to play, so that was that.

FoulHook

I don't know how you can stand to eat those prepackaged sandwiches  ??? 
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: FoulHook on December 28, 2011, 17:25:11 PM

Hahahaha, truth be told it was the first one I've ever had...and it wasn't that bad.  I was too quick to hit the road that I forgot to pack lunch.  Never forget the beer though.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: FoulHook on December 28, 2011, 17:25:11 PM

had to be tolerable with a Cold Mountain to wash it down with...

I can't say much, I live on Cheese/Peanut Butter NABS and an occasional store bought sandwich...

I should try something like this...

Pesto Tuna

2 pocketless pitas
6.5-ounce tuna or salmon pouch
2 slices cheddar cheese
4 tablespoons pesto (use a pack-friendly tube, such as Amore or Napoleon)

At home Pack cheddar into zip-top bag. on trail
To make one sandwich: Spread two tablespoons of pesto onto one pita. Place half of the tuna pouch and 1 slice of cheese on top. Fold and serve. Like it spicy? Sub jalapeqo tortillas for the pitas.

Prep time 3 min
Price $4 per serving
Weight 7.5 oz. per serving
Serves 2
Calories 475
Fat 17 g
Carbs 47 g
Protein 30 g
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

The Dude

All of the preservatives they pack into those sandwiches tend to gum up the ole GI.  Then again, I've found that the Cold Mtn tends to trigger a landslide off my intestinal walls, so I guess it probably complimented the sandwich nicely and balanced out the meal.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

rbphoto

Nicely done.

Especially the soul-cleansing.

I needed that Monday and couldn't get it.

Might have to find it Saturday instead.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Transylwader

You are fast becoming a "D" slut!I was just thinking out aloud. Just pissy coz my local is a bar right down the street with shit beer, no trout and horrible mingers b';

PisgahSpeck

Those are some tame ass "trout" there man.  Weird running into you that day, better to see you up on the tribs than down on the D!

PisgahSpeck

strange odds running into ya man, good seein ya

benben reincarnated

Quote from: PisgahSpeck on December 30, 2011, 22:05:18 PM
strange odds running into ya man, good seein ya

You too man.  Glad you were able to get out and hit some streams while you were over this way.

Holmes

Way to keep up on the fishing this time of year. As to that pink fly, sure is a shitty one, who would fish such a thing??? :laugh: