WADERS TO PEE IN/OUT OF

Started by NCsporksman, February 24, 2016, 09:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NCsporksman

Just want to know who has tried the market on zip-front waders, I'm seeing closeouts on patagonia's for like $350 and then these bro flylyfe diggs for about the same http://dryftfishing.com/shop/primo-zip-front-wader/

Who's got a pair? Whats the shelf life? How do you like it? How cool/shitty are companies besides Simms with their warranties?

Sincerely,
Concerned citizen who just wantsa piss in the middle of the river..... p;-

ptfranze

I have a pair of Redington zip front waders, I don't see it on their website anymore because they are not that $500 version that shows up.   I like them and they have held up very well, had them for about 3-4 years. 

Only one problem is I do have a small leak in the crotch area, seems to be right at the bottom of the zipper.  If I go waste deep a little water leaks in, not even enough for me to spend the time to see if I can patch it.  But it is a nice little shock if the water is freezing.  Down side looks like I pissed myself when I take them off. 

Haven't even check on the warranty but might do that just to see.  Chris had tried one of the cheaper pair of Dryft waders and really liked them for the price, just not the zip front. 

troutfanatic

I had the Orvis front zip waders and did not like them. They leaked at the mid section if you went through deeper water. I sent them back to Orvis and went with the Sonic Guide. They leaked after 10 outings. It was a defect, so they replaced them. I've had no issues since.

The Redington models with the name "Sonic" are the same technology as Orvis, they note the Orvis patent on their website. So they'd probably be about the same.

Despite these claims, if I had a fortune to drop on waders, I'd go with the Patagucchi zips. They truly stand by their shit and warranty is lifetime for manufacturing defects.

Woolly Bugger

Only zipper I have are on my Simms Guide Pants, which are awesome! I look forward to my next chesties having a zipper!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

I can't offer any input about pissing your pants but can on warranties.

Orvis stands behind their products. I had a pair of old ProGuides that were likely way out of warranty which I patched several times  - Finally sent them back with a nice letter telling them about my frustration with constant "weeping". Asked them to do a professional repair job and bill my credit card.  Less them 10 days later I received brand new ProGuide waders no questions asked.  Made me feel so good I sent off a donation to Casting for Recovery which Orvis was sponsoring at the time.

Dougfish

Spork, fashion yourself a snorkel for your weiner that exits under your casting armpit.

You can thank me later.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rhody

Got about 6 months on orvis silver sonic zippered waders, I'm a big boy-240 lbs., but orvis waders are wearing well, no leaks and I'm pretty tough on my stuff....I really like the zippers for " relief",comfortable with good pockets and stuff

just got back my faithful 5 yr old, beat to hell Simms G3 waders. After prolly over 700 days on water, Simms put on new booties, fixed the torn pocket, and several pinholes for $65, pretty hard to beat the length of service before a repair,

If I need another pair anytime soon, will bite the bullet and get Simms zippered G4's , but not looking like I will need any more anytime soon.

Ramble over....
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Onslow

Matt, keep an eye out for sales at Carolina Mt Sports in Statesville.  Richard had some zip ups last Summer marked down a significant amount, I believe for $175.  He currently has a sale on reg chest waders that is worth mentioning.

FYI, I purchased my kayak there for just $375 several years back.

NCsporksman

Peddler

Any chest waders are easy to piss out of. If you notice, the strap buckles are opposites. Instead of dropping the straps to relieve yourself clip them together under your chin then have at it. There's plenty of room to piss without doing it all over yourself and the straps are right under your chin and easy to get to.
Say thanks Jack for saving me hundreds of dollars and getting leaky waders.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

NCsporksman

But I don't wanna take all my shit off or have to put my beer and Sammy down....but thanks jack for trying to remedy my truly first world problem

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ajhock

https://www.simmsfishing.com/shop/waders/freestone-pant-1.html

Snag sold me a pair of these ........5? years ago?

These make the call of nature mostly routine.  I can't think of more than a handful of times( over a many many fishing times) that just below the belly button deep was justified and, really when you are there, "nipple deep"?  No thanks.  My guess is that balls deep is usually the back off point.   Maybe if you are going far north.  Once a year for me would be some cheap Cabela's neo. Day to day, down South, no straps needed.

""Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."-J. Keats