News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Boats that make me drool

Started by Onslow, April 05, 2015, 19:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

http://www.esquif.com/en/sporting/mallard/#mg

I really want one of these.  55 pound platform compatible with small outboard.  No fucking leaky rivets!  20 pounds lighter than stand-up kayaks.

driver

are they stable to stand in? and is that thing really 2 grand?

Onslow

Dunno.  Not bloody likely I will be able to test one either :'(   36 inches wide however.  That is wider than my jon.

Dougfish

I've owed the Heron. The 14'6" version. Outstanding, quality vessel. Yes, pricey. Paddled great.
A 2.5 hp outboard was all it wanted. If you lived and camped/fished in Minniefuckinsota , a great combo. 20 mi. of lake on a gallon of gas.
Not too stable for stand up fishing. Sold that honey.   

That 2.5 is going on the back of a jon.

Big J

bullship

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Dougfish

Ditto that, Bully.
I was scoping those out.

Native Fisher

http://phantomjetboat.com/
The game wardens on the Shenandoah river use jet boats.  They can cruise up river through all the rapids until they reach the dams.   That thing can fly.

driver

WTF is going on here. The guy in the blue shirt has no idea whats about to happen.

ptfranze

Quote from: bullship on April 05, 2015, 20:51:36 PM

I have looked at these too bullship, look pretty awesome for backwater stuff, but would suck with any wind or anything that would make the water not be glass. 

Onslow

There used to be some obnoxious fuckhole who used to scream up and down the Neuse with a hovercraft.  The racket always shut  down the bite for the rest of day.  That would be my concern with jet boats.

Big J

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on April 06, 2015, 08:34:40 AM
There used to be some obnoxious fuckhole who used to scream up and down the Neuse with a hovercraft.  The racket always shut  down the bite for the rest of day.  That would be my concern with jet boats.

Those Yamaha Jet Drives are supposed to be pretty quiet compared to other boat motors. 

sanjuanwormhatch

RiverbumCO

Quote from: Big J on April 06, 2015, 13:47:01 PM
Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on April 06, 2015, 08:34:40 AM

Those Yamaha Jet Drives are supposed to be pretty quiet compared to other boat motors.

my issue with them is that on lower flows, hell youre sucking half the river up and spitting it back out.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Onslow

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on April 06, 2015, 15:37:58 PM
Are towee's still cool?

Beautiful boats.  I avoid cool every chance I get.

QuoteI've owed the Heron. The 14'6" version. Outstanding, quality vessel. Yes, pricey. Paddled great.
A 2.5 hp outboard was all it wanted. If you lived and camped/fished in Minniefuckinsota , a great combo. 20 mi. of lake on a gallon of gas.
Not too stable for stand up fishing. Sold that honey.   

Hate this boat didn't work out.  I was lusting after Heron also.  Would you attribute it's insufficient stability due to it's width or hull design?  The Mallard has more width in the stern.  Perhaps it may be a little more stable.

I'm going to hang on to my 45 year old jon boat as long as it floats.  I will refuse to purchase anything that requires a trailer.  I pulled a tool trailer for years and hated every mile of it.  Big fan of hand launch boats here.