News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Long weekend showdown

Started by diaz dassie, July 05, 2011, 08:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaz dassie

After a long drive through countless storms, I finally arrived home, and was quickly whisked to the inlaws to watch fireworks yesterday eve b';

But before this happened, I spent 4 days with old friends I haven't seen in years, in the capital of Transylwader Country...
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

An ominous sight for someone who is dying to get out of the car after 5 hours of driving and wanting to feel the wriggle on the end of the tippet b';

A duo of signs, a stern word from the water bailiff for even more heart break...So now I know for sure, only access is definitley from the top p;-
Pointed the car to a blueline I had merely scoped out on ARC GIS, it had potential written all over it, but what I would come to find is that this trickle held all three trouts...and they wasted no time eating the fly, all day long -0-

Quickest slam ever, I was in a good position to manipulate this as the area I dropped into the creek had a big barrier. SO after hurling flies to the skittish shits, I got above and found yet another brookie stronghold ;D

Self timer shot.

The new Helios was put through her paces and excelled. No breaks this time...
Returned to base camp to get dinner ready, smash a few beers and wake up the next morning to do battle once again...

Awoke to beautiful bluebird skies. Before my troop of 10 or so folks showed up, I again pointed the car at a new blueline and proceeded to get some major action...

Brookies up in here are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Lost count on how many I plucked from this weird pool

Lunch time gummy bears

Arrived back at camp at 7PM to find my bud had got himself a new family. I wish I could do that sometime. He also brought a trailer full of fireworks -0-

Heres a pic of a chick for Woowee, she was matted in tats.

The next day I woke up late and decided to hit up a creek I frequent because it has a decent population of wild hooligans Leroy Browns. But this may call come as a bit of a laugh to y'all, I took a skunking :laugh: I was really brought to my knees on this creek, until I got to the exit point, sure as heck, three spin fishermen had been right ahead of me the whole time b'; Fuck 'em p;-
Headed over a ridge or 4 to get at some more wild fish, as soon as I dropped in on the creek, the usual pitch black cloud had developed nicely overhead and the Thunder Gods, let 'er rip. I got a righteous hosing...

After a solid 30 minute piss down, I felt rather uncomfortable, so I headed back to base camp like a drowned rat and was PO'd to find they never got a sprinkle. Spotty showers >:D
My little bro in law wanted me to take him to some nice waterfalls and we hopped in the car and drove a short ways down the road to a beautiful ampitheatre of watery goodness.
I was just mucking around showing off my casting prowess (notice the chicks huge arse in the far left, when...

18" of pissed off wild rainbow eats my fly, battle is on and I land his arse in front of a large audience :P  People started clapping and whistling like I had just won a race or sumthing ???

I noticed that the streamside attire was less than savory, but I suppose these fish are used to tacky bathing suits and chose my stimi over a floatilla of turds
Back to camp to do some more drinking and shoot off more fire works.

Yesterday, last day in God's Country. I took my lil bro and his girl up on my home waters. Saw some weird shit indeed.

Including a poor rattler that some ignorant fuck bludgeoned to death :'(

This upset my bro's girl (reptile freak) and they bailed. I ws leftto hit the extreme headwaters (somewhere around 5000ft and I was pleasantly surprised to find my coal colored friends.

It's crazy beautiful up in there...

Nice to see a living snake. I moved his ass off the road just in case.

And after a 2 mile hike out, I bid farewell to Transylwader Country.

I hope everyone had a safe and awesome weekend ;D

kylemc

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

benben reincarnated

Nice chit Mike, sweet trip report.  Once again true to form, fishing your ass off.   -0-

p.s.  That American Honey is good stuff, but will sneak up on you...so sweet you forget how much alcohol is in it.

OldDominionAngler

Lots of goodness here.   'c;

What's up with the dark bows?

5xTippett

"Including a poor rattler that some ignorant fuck bludgeoned to death "  It wasn't me.  If it had been me all that would have been left would have been the skin.  They taste extremely good. -0-

diaz dassie

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on July 05, 2011, 10:48:41 AM
Lots of goodness here.   'c;

What's up with the dark bows?
Cockroach rainbows trying to be chameleons? That headwater sees hardly any sunlight, and the water looks black all of the time. Natural adaptation? I recall fishing some of your brookie streams in VA and certain walled up, heavily box/slot canyoned sections produced pitch black brookies. I guess they might have had a close encounter with Petey Greene and decided to "blend in" :laugh:

mecnc

Looks like a fine weekend with good company in a great place. Nice very nice.  'c;

jwgnc

Thanks, I needed that.  Those are some pretty trout
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Get Bent

You just need to hang up the job and move to Tranny county!
Konichiwa Bitches!

Holmes

uh, adjust da color. glad to see the petey greene special flies are workin' on da trout down there. and those trout, be blacka than mosta da bruthas that ride my bus in the morning. ha lord bd;0

Big J

That was one heck of a weekend! I spent my weekend in Alabama with my "distant" relatives, it was interesting to say the least! We still need to meet up sometime in the fall!   8)

Trout Maharishi

Not bad for a corgi loving limey bd;0 The suckage factor is strong 'c; You are the man when it comes to high elevation brook trout fishing bd;0
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Jfey

You definately suck! 'c;  Nice bow, its fun to occasionaly catch a nice fish in front of a crowd -0-
Yup, going fishing