N.C. C&R and Monster Brown

Started by Bassasaurus Rex, December 28, 2008, 21:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassasaurus Rex

Today shaped out pretty good. I got out of bed in a great mood, which is difficult for a grumpy man such as myself.  >:D I actually made it out the door without forgetting anything, and made good time to one of my favorite C&R streams. I met some cool guys through out the day too. A big thanks to one Mr. Ben, who helped me get the shots of the brown. Many thanks to you Ben. I'm still working on figuring out how to properly post picture reports. But I just couldn't wait to rub this report in my friend SlickRockTom's face! So I hope you will deal with one more like this.

On the way to the stream the rains were coming in. I caught this shot on the way in... I figured it  to be my good omen of the day.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
[

As soon as I got to the river the rains came rolling in, which in turn brought the CFS up to around 180.  The water was super high and by the middle of the day the stain ran high, and really turned the bite on. My numbers for the day was probably in the 20's with at least 5fish over 15 inches, and a couple over 20. I did have one serious upset as I hooked and lost the largest fish I've ever had on EVER o-o. The haus of a bow took my nymph. I set the hook, and thought I had a snag......Except it moved. I gave a little pull and the fight was on. The fish was SO big and smart. I did everything I could to keep her out of the rocks and blowdowns  This bow could have gone 28-30 inches and at least 9lbs, and no match for my 5 weight. I just didn't have the backbone to keep the fish out of the rocks! but you loose some you win some.....and here's some shots of the winners. I wasn't able to take any shots (other than the brown) of the nicer fish because of the rain, and risk of fucking up the digital camera. I did manage to get these few shots....Eat your heart out SlickRockTom!

Here's the money shot!
Bassasaurus Rex, the trout fishing bassist.
I hope to see you on the stream or at a show soon!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

slickrocktom

been playing with the photoshop again i see  (just kidding)   good fish  wish i was there

Bassasaurus Rex

Rub Rub   TOM!!! ;D

Sorry you're not feeling well. Get to feeling better so we can hit it this week!
Maybe we'll have to kidnap someone from BRFFF!

Trout Maharishi

You suck!  Good report and photos. If you just gotta have a hero shot thought kneel down and just barely lift the fish out of the water. Holding it up and out ain't fooling no body. We can see how big the fish is without those tricks. BTW certain landmarks are giving your location away ;D At least you didn't mention fishing eggs ;hb
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Bassasaurus Rex

Maharishi,
      I think I love you ;)
  Maybe I should ask you to come fish with me so I can learn all of your proper ways.

launchone

Thats a great fish, a closeup of those spots would be nice.

Beetle

Quote from: Bassasaurus Rex on December 29, 2008, 18:57:37 PM
Maharishi,
      I think I love you ;)
  Maybe I should ask you to come fish with me so I can learn all of your proper ways.

Bad idea unless you like fishing with TM's troupe of midgets. 

fleming13

Nice fish.  And the first pics I've seen with decent water up there in a LONG time.  That is good to see.
Everybody quiet, the Christian is in the room. 

I have been smited for the name of the Lord.

DJ65

Bring a 12 pack of Shiner Bock and the gal in Launch's avatar and the Holy One will surely make an appearance.

;hb ;D

peter p

Peter

Trout Maharishi

Midgets, girls, beer, food, and fishing. Sounds like a plan to me ;hb
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Bassasaurus Rex

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 31, 2008, 10:47:10 AM
Midgets, girls, beer, food, and fishing. Sounds like a plan to me ;hb
Does this count?

I bet a wild trip might become of this!
I'm enjoying this board very much.....Now if I can just find out how to get in touch with the Santa Girl on the banner with the hot Teetaas!
Can any one get me her number?........I've been very naughty :angel:

peter p

I think you just might fit in here.   ;D
Peter