A Waste; Why Waterfalls Fuck People Up (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, September 11, 2017, 10:43:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

I have fished streams in NC over 5700' and even over 6000'.
I haven't hardly caught shit from them, but apparently that is not the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Onslow

Quote from: Dougfish on September 12, 2017, 11:35:10 AM
I'm out.
Should have kept my mouth shut. No need to feed all those 4000' hot spotters.

I wouldn't worry. Folks have become lazier than a hound dogs in July.  There is also no real benefit fishing that high up.  My best brookies came from 2300' water.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: driver on September 11, 2017, 17:17:40 PM
Water levels should be nice this weekend.

<-;:

that looks like a real ass buster of a "sliding" rock...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

LOL

Lost in translation.

Ken - 'Tis true. More than once I've spoken to some guys about fishing. I mention a place or two I'd like to explore. The response is typically, "Why go all the way out there?", or, "This place here is so much easier and closer, that's where we usually go."

Regardless of elevation involved brook trout discussions, I wish I had more time to explore areas. Too many places. Too little time.

Grannyknot

the best thing to do in those high mountain streams is to poop in them.
as long as you haven't eaten too much fiber, they'll float like a little sailboat.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

BrookieHunter

Quote from: Dee-Vo on September 12, 2017, 12:49:44 PM
Regardless of elevation involved brook trout discussions, I wish I had more time to explore areas. Too many places. Too little time.

I feel your pain, way to much water to explore and never enough time.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Onslow on September 12, 2017, 12:37:28 PM
I'm out.

I wouldn't worry. Folks have become lazier than a hound dogs in July.  There is also no real benefit fishing that high up.  My best brookies came from 2300' water.

You will hardly ever see a speck below 3,000' here in my part of western NC. The best speck creeks I fish are mostly in the 3,500'-5,000' range. But then, my county has 16 peaks over 6,000'.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Dee-Vo on September 12, 2017, 12:49:44 PM
LOL

Lost in translation.

Ken - 'Tis true. More than once I've spoken to some guys about fishing. I mention a place or two I'd like to explore. The response is typically, "Why go all the way out there?", or, "This place here is so much easier and closer, that's where we usually go."

Yes.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Yallerhammer on September 13, 2017, 13:24:28 PM
Quote from: Onslow on September 12, 2017, 12:37:28 PM
I'm out.

You will hardly ever see a speck below 3,000' here in my part of western NC. The best speck creeks I fish are mostly in the 3,500'-5,000' range. But then, my county has 16 peaks over 6,000'.

The brookie elevation discussion is interesting. The lowest elevation I've found them in is maybe a tick over 1500'. Strangely enough, some of my better ones have been not much over that. A few creeks produce brookies for me at this altitude.