News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Low Country/Congaree?

Started by natureboy, March 16, 2015, 08:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

natureboy

Will be making a run that way soon to hopefully acquire some free range bacon.  I think we'll be between Columbia and Lake Marion, worth bringing along the fly rod?

overbrook

You can fish stockers in the Saluda....some nice holdovers.
Savannah shoals in Augusta fishes well but wading is limited...and floating requires a shuttle. I have a 10 acre pond with usual warm water fishes....I'm 30 minutes west of Columbia...about an hour from Santee. When exactly you gonna be around?

Onslow

Floating the Edisto or comparable river with flyrod and rifle would be awesome.

sanjuanwormhatch

There are some killer treehouses you can stay in on the edi-slow along the way.  You probably aren't getting this far down but check out the recent nat geo story on the ACE Basin.  Some friends in there.

natureboy

This coming weekend.  Friend of a friend has a place on the river, supposedly has a boat or two.  Will probably pick up a 3 day license and pack the 7wt just in case.

natureboy

Did not fish, but laid low many pounds of free range pork.  Turkeys were talking, but not interested in what I was selling.   -0-

natureboy

The carn(itas)age. Time to give the smoker a workout.  <-;:

Dougfish

That is some cloven hoof goodness.  'c;

sanjuanwormhatch

RiverbumCO

Bad ass.  I can meet you at the Dobson exit on 77 on your return trip, thanks.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Stone-Man

Atta Boy

Damn, I love cutting up hogs and smokin' them bad boyz    'c;

Stone -Man Sharpening Knife Now

JT

Onslow

overbrook

Nice....I haven't been able to time the stripers right for the past few years.....but now that I'm getting off the road maybe my chances will improve.
Kudos on a good day!  bd;0