News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Another one bites the dust!

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 08, 2006, 06:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutjedi

AND the price of oil dropped below $70 a barrel on news of his death

Hurray!!!!

troutphisher

I wonder if he's  getting his arsch kicked, by all those who went ahead of him, for not getting their 30 virgins?
I bet they are beating him with rocks  >:D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

phg

It's very hard to get excited about the death of a man.  This isn't a lgame, after all, this is for real, and there's no reset button to put all the players back in place after the round has been completed.  I see nothing to celebrate, but I do feel relieved.  A violent man who spread violence and hate where ever he went, has been consumed by that violence.  Call it poetic justice, or just Biblical (Matt. 26:52).  Either way, a lot of people, especially in the middle east, will sleep better tonight knowing that he's no longer a factor. 

In a way, I'm a bit surprised that we still havn't gotten Ben Laden, ...but his time is coming too.

troutphisher

As and ex-military service man, I see this as a great cause for celebration. This gives cause to those who lost their lives in service, those who freely signed up to put their lives on the line so we could have this kind of debate. This is a big win against those religious fanatics, who practice the slash and burn policy against those with different views.

This is the exact the reason I chose to sever in the army, to provide such freedoms for all people, not just fellow Americans at home, but to all those oppressed by groups wielding unrestrained power's, including religion.

This man was one of the worst human rights violators in our modern time. He was responsible for many bombings that killed Innocent civilians, to get at one target, collateral damage was no concern for him.

He even boasted his killings by beheading contract workers, and civilians. Then recording the event for world view. This man did not respect different opinion, and remedied it by killing.

Cause for celebration, you bet! his hands will kill no more people. And as a military objective to kill him, mission complete.

To me service meant protecting the rights of all people, even those with different views then mine. I swore to protect Americans, all Americans, and I welcome  and appreciate different views.

This man sought to kill those with different views.

To those serving in the armed forces now, hats off guy's.

Job well done!  0--0

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Bloy

Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

tw5270

Hoooah. It took too long.
It is however like fighting a Hydra from greek mythology, you cut off one head and two more take it's place. We just have to cut them off faster I guess.

Devinsdad

TP -
Well said, you dont keep giving the lunch money bully your lunch money so he wont pick on you....cause then he decides he wants your atm card.... you pick up a 2x4 and whoop his ass...and you whoop it good!

Thanks for your service.....

Paul, I gotta take the other side here and say  I dont feel sorry that the "bully" was killed....he made his choice to be a terroristic arse wipe hiding behind the veil of religion...

I just wish the pieces had been smaller

phg

I wish y'sll would read closer what was said.

One thing that sets us apart as a people is that we value life, all life, including that of our enemies.  If we loose that and become just like them, then we've lost what we were fighting for, even if we win the war.

I am not sorry he got killed, but I can't celebrate it either. 

teachrtec

According to the news he lived long enough to know who got him. They tried to help him with the medics. Better than he did by his prisoners.

Brad  8)
Brad  8)

briar

tw5270