News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Choice of Wine for the Holiday

Started by Trout Maharishi, November 25, 2009, 13:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Going out to pick up some last minute items and need to pick up some wine for my holiday meal. Any suggestions for something that goes good with Yak ribs, and smoked goat butt ;D Preferable in a 5 gallon cardboard box with a spout ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Steelheader

Woolly Bugger

i think this was a better vintage....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Hmmmm... smoked goat ass is a tough entrée to match up, but I would suggest  vinegar and toilette water in a 50/50 mix that can be made minutes before the meal is served. A little food coloring can make either a mild yellow concoction or any other hue.

Ps. When bottling, you can add snakes for the exotic touch.....

Bonaparte!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Ripple MD20/20 or Thunderbird would go well with it too!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

On second thought, skip the libations, and offer up some smoke.......
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

trouthead

That does it. I know what I'm going as next halloween.  >:D