A funny thing happened while screwing around with my 3WT for some bream...

Started by troutfanatic, March 20, 2011, 21:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfanatic

My oldest daughter turned 6 on the 1st. She got her first adult-sized spinning rod and we shit-canned the Disney Princess gig. She has been beating my ear to go try it out. So I caved in today. I quit working in the garden and loaded her, her younger sister, their rods and some red worms into the van. For shits and giggles I brought along my 3 wt and a box of mixed nymphs. Off to lake rim...
The girls were fishing away and I was toying with the bream when all too suddenly, my line went tight. This guy was on the end. He is not a monster only about 12" but it felt like one on that 3WT rod. I grabbed him on a BH Copper John black. I was lucky he did not have much in the teeth department because I was running a 6x tippet. At first when I saw him I thought maybe I had hooked a bream and he grabbed the fish but if you look real close you can see the BH sticking out of his craw. I don't fish for warmwater species with a flyrod so I don't know if this is odd or not. I figured he saw the flash of the bead and struck it.
[attachimg=1]

cheers,
Brian

overbrook

Pickerel is damn good eatin! I'm hoping to get after em' while they are over the grass beds this spring....so far two short follows is all though.  :embarassed: