News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

FALL PFF

Started by Devinsdad, August 25, 2021, 19:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Quote from: Dougfish on October 11, 2021, 09:54:50 AMI felt older just looking at those pics!

I felt older being in those pics.  :o

itieuglyflies

I felt very wet and soggy being in those pictures. My stuff is still damp. But, we had a great time and had some good
catching. Although 6-1/2 hrs. to get home was terrible ....as I parked on 81 for a while.

phg

It was good to see people I hadn't seen in 18 months, or so.  I scored early, on Thursday, before the water came up, and foolishly thought that it portended a great fishing weekend.  As it turned out, my first fish was my best fish for the weekend.  Friday was slow, and Sat. was even slower.  The SoHo will do that to you.

Funny thing is, Phil was just downstream from me on Saturday morning.  He was into nice fish almost from the first cast!  One right after another, until he got tired of catching fish.  I was upstream and Alan was downstream, and I don't think either one of us got a bite....

Great spaghetti and meat balls from 'Stash. on Friday evening.  A pretty good campfire, before a major cloudburst drowned it out.  We missed 'Nando, but Wooly stepped in and did a commendable job. 

We got pounded all evening and into the night by bands of thunderstorms, but we had lots of pop-up shelters, and we just wandered between them, between showers, and caught up with each other.  By morning, I had a little water in one corner of my tent, but nothing major, and nothing got wet.  I can live with that.

I left Saturday afternoon, around 2pm, for an uneventful drive home.  Lots of traffic on I-81, but no hold ups until I got to W-S, and even that was just a few minutes.  Give me a week to rest up, and I'll be ready to do it again....

Phil

Friday with Fred was a pretty mediocre morning with 4 rainbows and 1 brown, all 10" or under. Had forgotten and left my camera in the tent. Fred smoked me as usual and caught lots o' fish. 
Saturday was better, and I had a fine fishing day with every fish caught over 13", all browns. Even a blind pig finds some acorns sometimes....

We had heavy rain, sideways rain, wind and rain, thunder and rain, light rain, and some nice weather in-between. Fine food from Cam on Friday night and Woolly on Saturday night. No rowdy behavior -- it was eerily quiet for a PFF, with no 3 a.m. drunks howling at the moon. Good conversation and catching up with old friends. A fine trip!

I'll post one pic, my best fish of the day on Saturday. Couldn't get a good hero shot -- she was wrassling me to get away.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login