Simms wader repair

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 28, 2021, 13:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

So as you may have read the zipper blew out on my G3 wader pants.

I called and they gave me a case number (told me 2 week turnaround, if only the zipper) and after washing and drying them I shipped them off today

With standard FedX delivery on Tuesday Aug 3 for $24
Box of powder detergent at laundromat $0.75
Brush for scrubbing waderrs $2.29

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutboy_II

Glad you followed the directions!  I didn't wash before I sent mine when I had an issue and they sent them back without doing anything.  :o

Live and learn I suppose...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutboy_II on July 29, 2021, 09:03:14 AMGlad you followed the directions!  I didn't wash before I sent mine when I had an issue and they sent them back without doing anything.  :o

Live and learn I suppose...

TB

I've returned waders to Simms before... I rarely wash any of my fishing stuff... and the only time I've washed waders was to ship them off...
one time a GF washed one of my fishing jackets, I think some mojo was washed off in the process....

QuotePlease make sure your items are clean and dry. Simms will return your product if it is not fit for repair. Make sure to remove all personal items and accessories.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Can you imagine dealing with wader funk all day. You would need one of those midevil MD's plague mask.https://www.amazon.com/medieval-doctor-mask/s?k=medieval+doctor+mask
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Update:

they were delivered by fexX on tuesday... yesterday (Friday) I recieved these emails.. note the timestamp...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
me -There's a season?

Phil

Good for them. Sure would be nice if they would pay for your return shipping $$ though.

troutrus

I'm not surprised at their willingness to replace considering the original purchase price of much of their stuff. For them it's a percentage game as many customers do not pursue the warranty opportunity.
Much like Loss Vegas, the house always wins.

Woolly Bugger

Called today to see what was up  <-;:

"Wader pants are hard to come by right now. Looks like they will be back in stock and ship on September 6th."

p;-
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

I had notice that the G3 pants were "on sale" on the Simmes Web Sote, something like $50 off. I just checked again and they have removed them, now showing only the Freestone Wading Pants. A quick search of the web show some shops listing them as discontinued..

Simms G3 Guide Pant Wader Closeout Sale $399

I wonder <-;:  -+;  if they have been having a lot of issues with them...

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

Lots of times at the end of the summer they put their inventory overruns and models they are going to discontinue on sale. Some times it's because they are going to make a small change to the manfacturing specs. I alway use to buy them at summers end even if it was just for an extra pair after I'd worn a pair for a couple of years. They do fine if you just take them out of the box and hang them up.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 17, 2021, 14:04:48 PMLots of times at the end of the summer they put their inventory overruns and models they are going to discontinue on sale. Some times it's because they are going to make a small change to the manfacturing specs. I alway use to buy them at summers end even if it was just for an extra pair after I'd worn a pair for a couple of years. They do fine if you just take them out of the box and hang them up.

Hope I get the "new and improved" model  d:b  d:b
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

shipped by flat car on 9/8 should arrive at the depot on the 9/16  <-;:
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

That really is quicker than I though. I've been hearing about fly shops not having any of the common sizes to sell.
― Charles Bukowski

Dee-Vo

I've had good luck with Simms replacing gear. At least one pair of boots have been replaced with no headache. They've got much of my business since because of this.

Woolly Bugger

delivery n!n  update Friday
me -There's a season?