News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited Dead People; R.I.P

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 04, 2017, 11:28:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Native Fisher

Have Tres Hombres on vinyl.  I need to play it again in Dusty's honor.  Saw them twice live.  Still one of the best shows I ever went to.

Yallerhammer

RIP, Dusty. An irreplaceable rock icon, and one of my rock -n-roll heroes. One of the best bassists of all time, and a good singer and songwriter to boot. I have the serious sadz ever since I heard it. Here's some Dusty in his prime:

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Native Fisher

That live Germany show that both those videos comes from is high energy vintage ZZ Top.  A great watch. 

Woolly Bugger

What were you doing at age 15?

>>>John N. Zei of Washburn Wisconsin passed into Eternal Life at the age of 94 on July 19, 2021. Dr. Zei was born on November 19, 1927 in Stevens Point Wisconsin to Peter and Inez (Parker) Zei. He resided in Wisconsin for 48 years, Bellingham Washington for 38 years, returning to Wisconsin in 2013.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

He never completed high school because of entering The U. S. Navy at the age of 15, he served three years during World War II, mostly aboard The USS Windsor, a large auxiliary amphibious transport. He participated in eight major invasions in the Pacific theater including: The Marshall islands, Bougainville, Hollandia, where they landed the 32nd Division from Wisconsin at Aitape New Guinea, Peleliu, Guam, the Philippine Islands and Okinawa.

https://www.apg-wi.com/ashland_daily_press/free/john-n-zei/article_a2571e9a-f15a-11eb-8529-ff7458323810.html

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

UUU Windsor embarked the men and equipment of the 3d Battalion, 17th Regimental Combat Team, 7th Army Division, and departed the Hawaiian Islands on 22 January 1944, bound for the Marshall Islands as part of Task Force (TF) 52. Windsor participated in the assault landing at Kwajalein and, after the island had been secured early in February, sailed for the Ellice Islands.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Windsor_(APA-55)#Kwajalein

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

rbphoto

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Sorry for him and his frinds and family. I'm at least glad to see some of them die of old age rather than self destruction on drugs and alcohol.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Dougfish

Turd Furgeson/Norm McDonald. Dead of cancer at 61.
Friggin comic genius.

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

Monkees singer-songwriter Michael Nesmith dies at 78
The Monkees exploded in popularity in the 1960s with hits such as "Daydream Believer," "Last Train to Clarksville" and "Valleri."

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Phil

Harris did some amazing stuff. His piano on Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder album is stellar, as is some stuff Miles played on.

Woolly Bugger

R.I.P. John Madden (April 10, 1936 – December 28, 2021)

me -There's a season?