• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 03, 2021, 21:51:55 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Recent posts

Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 10
BRFFF Fly Swaps / Re: Anybody interested in a 20...
Last post by Rhody - December 02, 2021, 17:21:01 PM
Sure, Haven't done one in a long time.
The Gravel Bar / Re: Alex Baldwin discharges fi...
Last post by itieuglyflies - December 02, 2021, 16:02:28 PM
I expect it won't be long before they will be blaming Trump!
Local Trip Reports / Re: Not so local...cold steel
Last post by Dee-Vo - December 02, 2021, 14:06:28 PM
Nice work.

I'm heading up there in a week or so to get into some of that steel myself. Can't wait.
The Gravel Bar / Re: Grindstone Fire at Pilot M...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - December 02, 2021, 13:41:48 PM
Agriculture Commissioner Steve Troxler visited the N.C. Forest Service's Incident Command Post at the Grindstone Fire at Pilot Mountain, announcing that the fire is 80% contained as of Thursday morning. Troxler has said that the cost of fighting the fire so far has been $328,000.
The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited Salmon / Steelhe...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - December 02, 2021, 13:00:11 PM
World renowned author and anti-salmon farming activist Morton to give special presentation for Mount Desert Island Biological Laboratory

BAR HARBOR – Alexandra Morton has been called "the Jane Goodall of Canada" because of her passionate 30-year fight to save British Columbia's wild salmon from salmon farms. Her account of that fight is both inspiring and a roadmap for resistance to industrial-scale aquaculture.

Morton has agreed to give a special lecture virtually from her home in British Columbia on Dec. 06 at 5 p.m. (EST) as part of the MDIBL Science Café series. A question-and-answer session will follow.

"This important conversation comes at a critical time for Frenchman Bay and Maine as we face the rising challenge of industrial-scale aquaculture," said Jeri Bowers, director of public affairs and development at MDIBL and treasurer of Frenchman Bay United, a coalition that is leading the fight against the American Aquafarms proposal. "We all can learn a lot from Alexandra Morton and her incredible fight against big aquaculture over the past 30 years."

>>>This event is free and open to the public, but attendees must register in advance. To register go to https://mdibl.org/event/not-on-my-watch/. A Zoom link will be emailed to you 24 hours before the event.

https://bangordailynews.com/2021/12/01/bdn-maine/world-renowned-author-and-anti-salmon-farming-activist-morton-to-give-special-presentation-for-mount-desert-island-biological-laboratory/
The Gravel Bar / Re: Unlimited Fly Fishing News...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - December 02, 2021, 12:57:34 PM
Bounty Grows On Brown Trout Caught Below Glen Canyon Dam

From now through the end of January anglers can earn added cash bonuses for participating in the Brown Trout Winter Bonanza. There will be a month-end bonus of $500 for the largest brown trout (determined by head length) and $500 for the most brown trout harvested from that particular stretch of the Colorado River. This is in addition to the $33 reward per brown trout, plus $50 for every three brown trout harvested during the month, and $300 for a brown trout caught with a PIT tag.

https://www.nationalparkstraveler.org/2021/12/bounty-grows-brown-trout-caught-below-glen-canyon-dam
The Gravel Bar / Re: Native Tree/Plant Plight
Last post by Woolly Bugger - December 02, 2021, 12:48:08 PM
Rooted in conservation
Boy Scout, volunteers to plant 300 trees in Morganton

>>>WEDDINGTON – A Boy Scout in Union County will travel to Morganton Saturday to leave a lasting legacy.

Aaron Grossman, an 11th-grade student at Metrolina Christian Academy in Indian Trail and member of Boy Scout Troop No. 46 in Matthews, plans to achieve his Eagle Scout rank by planting trees on a property off River Road in Morganton.

The tree planting event Saturday is a result of a partnership with Foothills Conservancy of North Carolina. Grossman has worked for months to bring the project to fruition.

"My Eagle Scout project is to restore a parcel of land," Grossman said. "I chose the property by speaking with the conservancy on my ideas of reforestation. They pointed me to an opportunity at the River Road property. After being owned by a farmer, the conservancy now owns the land and has called it the Possum Rock Property. For the past 15-plus years, it has been used as an agricultural field. However, with the help of the Foothills Conservancy, I have cleared the field and will plant 300 trees to restore the local forest on the property."

https://morganton.com/news/local/boy-scout-volunteers-to-plant-300-trees-in-morganton/article_3d614632-52d5-11ec-8c8e-afa82ef23de7.html
The Gravel Bar / Re: Alex Baldwin discharges fi...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - December 02, 2021, 12:44:33 PM
QuoteIn Baldwin's first major interview — set to air in full Thursday night — he insisted that "the trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger."

Believe him or not?

was the gun a single action?

was the hammer pulled back as some have reported?

https://www.nbcnews.com/now/video/alec-baldwin-speaks-out-on-rust-shooting-127674949755

At that point, Baldwin said, he began to cock the gun but did not pull the trigger.
"I let go of the hammer of the gun, and the gun goes off," Baldwin said, adding: "I didn't pull the trigger. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger. Never."
The Gravel Bar / Grindstone Fire at Pilot Mount...
Last post by Woolly Bugger - December 02, 2021, 12:04:12 PM

The North Carolina Forest Service said a campfire started the wildfire burning at Pilot Mountain.

It was started in a non-designated/unauthorized area. They said there's no word on who's responsible for the fire.

Thursday makes day six of the firefight. Firefighters have the blaze 50% contained. As of Wednesday afternoon, the blaze had torched just over 1,000 acres - about the same as the previous day. Before then, the wildfire had been doubling in size every day. Firefighters remain on high alert, however, because the elements still aren't in their favor. Dry conditions and no rain in sight aren't a good mix for wildfires.
Local Trip Reports / Re: Not a TR TR
Last post by Dee-Vo - December 02, 2021, 08:57:57 AM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on December 02, 2021, 08:28:16 AMThat's about the fattest mink I've ever seen.

The section of river that he was hunting should have him pretty fat; big pools and nowhere much for the fish to escape to. I'm pretty sure I had one of these eating our chickens for a while. He must've been sneaking up from the creek down behind our house in the bottom. I caught a glimpse of him from about 90 yards away one day, surprised me.
Pages 1 2 3 4 ... 10

#CommissionsEarned