News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corona Virus

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 02, 2020, 13:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you worried, have you changed habits?

I stopped drinking Corona Beer!
I stopped eating Chinese Take Out
What Corona Virus?
One time at band camp I got a virus...

Dougfish

A different look at who is unlikely/not sure to get a vaccination. 35K respondents.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

From a FB friend-

My dad had polio in the early 50s. My oldest brother was a wee baby and they had recently moved to Morristown from Montreal.  After spending a long time in the havemeyer unit at memorial he was fortunate to get away with a gimpy leg. However, as he got older he suffered post polio syndrome. You'd best believe my mother was at the front of the line to get us vaccinated.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

I recall taking polio vaccine orally on a sugar cube. And even after the vaccine my mom would still not allow me to go under the fire plug in the summer. 🤔

Dougfish

Quote from: troutrus on March 01, 2021, 14:40:43 PMI recall taking polio vaccine orally on a sugar cube. And even after the vaccine my mom would still not allow me to go under the fire plug in the summer. 🤔

One of my grandfathers had a brush with polio as a kid. I think it just made him crankier.
The sugar cube with the pink spot. Ditto.
If I wasn't in school, my mother shooed us outside to get into whatever we could.
It's a miracle I reached puberty.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Yallerhammer

Quote from: troutrus on March 01, 2021, 14:40:43 PMI recall taking polio vaccine orally on a sugar cube. And even after the vaccine my mom would still not allow me to go under the fire plug in the summer. 🤔
I can remember them giving it to us in school.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Yallerhammer

Quote from: troutrus on March 01, 2021, 14:45:02 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on March 01, 2021, 12:20:44 PMA different look at who is unlikely/not sure to get a vaccination. 35K respondents.

Adding White to the GOP label seems somewhat redundant.
Actually, the numbers of black, and especially Latino Republicans is growing steadily. Most of the Hispanic folks I know and quite a few black folks  I work with are very conservative.

Al

Last evening I attended the wake of the 1st close friend I knew who died of Covid. 73 years old and healthy and active. Both he and his wife tested positive. Neither showed symptoms.  Quarantined for 10days and thought they were good to go. He started shots - Got 1st one.  He then came down with pneumonia - waited too long before going to hospital. They immediately admitted him and he died 2 days later. Not sure if the shot triggered it or not.

Woolly Bugger

sorry for your loss Al, this thing is such a crap shoot
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutrus

Sorry about your friend Al.  Sad story.

Yallerhammer

Dougfish

Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

bmadd

Wife and I are set to get second shot next Wednesday. First shot felt pain in my arm for probably 24 hours. Wife had a good case of fatigue the day after hers. Hoping the next round is the same.

jwgnc

Moderna #2 yesterday at 1:00.  Minor headache.  If I were still working, I wouldn't take a sick day.  Same with my wife.

In a few weeks, I may get my first haircut in a year.
You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Big J

Quote from: Big J on November 12, 2020, 09:26:01 AM
Quote from: Dougfish on November 11, 2020, 21:07:37 PMPositive thinking ! LOL.
Small ball here. Local fam we have constant contact with, only. Only getting a half bushel of oysters.
Be smart, folks.

Oysters? Am I local fam? You can throw the oysters 6 ft to me and I can wear a mask.

I am local fam!

jwgnc

Quote from: jwgnc on March 02, 2021, 13:50:49 PMModerna #2 yesterday at 1:00.  Minor headache.  If I were still working, I wouldn't take a sick day.  Same with my wife.
Well, I may have gone in, but I'd have left early to take a nap. Our arms are sore, and we're tired.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.