Exploits from an unplanned trip: Fish were hurt, dranks were drank, and a dog was rescued.

Started by Aka, September 20, 2017, 19:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

Stupid revenuers and their taxes driving up the cost of everything.

But you have a buddy that works for FedEx in a State with leagalized pot, hmmmm...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Aka

Quote from: The Dude on September 21, 2017, 23:27:11 PM

But you have a buddy that works for FedEx in a State with leagalized pot, hmmmm...........

The area he manages is pretty big, he has all of the Kenai Peninsula and Kodiak Island. He said FedEx policy is that not to ship any weed whether it's legal for sale or not. He is as straight laced as they come and the guys running one of his remote locations are all either ex-cop or ex-military and their biggest thrill is intercepting packages containing drugs.

Pot has been legal in Alaska since 1974 with a brief period in the early 90's when it was criminalized. The old law allowed people to grow their own for personal consumption, I think you could have up to 2 ounces of dried bud in possession, so there's always been a shit ton of people growing it. Adding tax, business costs like license, building lease, etc. didn't do anything more than move the cost up.

Grannyknot

Quote from: Aka on September 21, 2017, 17:36:28 PM
Quote from: Grannyknot on September 21, 2017, 13:32:36 PM
Very cool.
Whats the thing out in the water in the picture of the sockeye thrashing around near the bank?

Cleaning table. Alaska fish and game encourages cleaning fish at the river and throwing the carcass into swift current so bears won't get habituated to where people fish.

damn i bet that table is built like a brick shithouse
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

The Dude

Whatever, we all know those salmon fillets he's mailing you aren't stuffed with thyme, rosemary, parsley and basil.  That piney aroma coming from the package is a special sumpin sumpin to help keep the fish nice and fresh for its trip across the continent.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Good luck tomorrow. #moatlife

Quote from: Aka on September 22, 2017, 08:06:09 AM
Quote from: The Dude on September 21, 2017, 23:27:11 PM

The area he manages is pretty big, he has all of the Kenai Peninsula and Kodiak Island. He said FedEx policy is that not to ship any weed whether it's legal for sale or not. He is as straight laced as they come and the guys running one of his remote locations are all either ex-cop or ex-military and their biggest thrill is intercepting packages containing drugs.

Pot has been legal in Alaska since 1974 with a brief period in the early 90's when it was criminalized. The old law allowed people to grow their own for personal consumption, I think you could have up to 2 ounces of dried bud in possession, so there's always been a shit ton of people growing it. Adding tax, business costs like license, building lease, etc. didn't do anything more than move the cost up.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Aka

The fish box was sitting on my front porch when I got home. Pulled some out for dinner tonight and a bit for a quick snack and put the rest in the freezer.

benben reincarnated

I should have some free time this weekend to help you eat some of that salmon.

Aka

Quote from: benben reincarnated on September 27, 2017, 05:56:39 AM
I should have some free time this weekend to help you eat some of that salmon.

If we don't have anything planned that could happen.