News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Home Water..

Started by blue ridge angler, February 19, 2011, 08:38:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Yesterday I met Snag, and WNCPermit. and we headed out to the home water..
This river gets real tough during the cold months, and we were hoping that the temps in the 70's would have the little resident rainbows waking up from there winter slumber..we wound up fishing about 1.5 miles of the rugged gorge that the river tumbles through, and although they weren't in full on feeding mode, we all caught some fish and had a great day of laughter and shittalk..

Snag even managed to catch one on a dry..

Got home and finished off the day with a tall glass of ale left over from the white river bake..

Great day in the neighborhood..

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

possessed

Beautiful stream and fish.  Hot damn, I am loving this weather and am glad me and many of y'all have been able to get out and capture some trout.   :P

diaz dassie

Y'all make me sick!!! :o
Congrats lads. I need to get up into your neck this spring, leave the home waters for the gods 8)

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Transylwader on February 19, 2011, 19:17:25 PM
Y'all make me sick!!! :o
Congrats lads. I need to get up into your neck this spring, leave the home waters for the gods 8)

c'mon up man..there are plenty of miles of "marginal" trout water  around these parts to be fished..

Woolly Bugger

you know the more I think about this post the more I realize that

{S;

:D -0- :D -0- ;D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

OldDominionAngler

I can smell the burnt waders..looks like a great stretch of water.   0:0

Dotsonnt

Yeah the water warmed up significantly over the last week. The Brookies are quite the acrobats after they don't eat all winter. Lots of good dry fly fishing to hungry brook trout made for a great weekend.

Holmes

i'd like ta know wut dat fly in da second pic is... look kind A FUNKY but maybew it just dis brutha... nice report yo

blue ridge angler

I decided rather than making a bunch of TR's from the home water I'll just put all my reports from this river in this thread and keep it going..
This afternoon WNCPermit had a few hours to kill so I met him on a small stream section a mile or so higher than the gorge we fished in the last report..The terrain here is much more welcoming, and that's a good thing because I had brought the flask and we got into it pretty soon after stepping in the water..Permit tried dries at first with no takers, but every rock we pulled from the fast riffles had big olive stone nymphs and anything in the same general size and profile worked well..Some nice fish were caught as well as a buzz and we both headed home feeling good..
Despite being jobless and broke I have been having a good fuckin' run lately..Here's hoping it continues..

There were so many stones that Permit caught one trying to mate with his fly..

Permit laying it down..

Stumbling from the effects of fruited rye..

BRA out..

purple squirrel

diaz dassie

That last rainbow looks like a cutt.
and yet again,  {S;

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.