News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tornado or micro burst in Stoney Creek

Started by Stone-Man, August 14, 2013, 17:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone-Man

troutphisher

Looks like wind shear damage, especially that group of trees uprooted with the root balls and soil attached.
It was one quick event to push the trees over in that manner.

We've been getting some severe thunderstorm coming out of the mountains moving east/northeast the last few days. but no damage like you pics.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stone-Man

Karl
The wind speed must have been 100 MPH to turn over those giant trees. Some of the debris looked slightly twisted,but I think you to be correct in that it was most likely a straight line wind.
I could not get a look at most of the damage because of all the loaders,chippers,dump trucks knuckle booms ,etc,etc. that were in there trying to clear the roads.
It looked to me that the winds came down and tore the hell out of everything and then quit about 1/4 to 1/2 mile from the touch down spot.
I will have a better look once all the debris moving equipment is gone
  Mebbe I need to dig the cave deeper   :o  ;D

JT

Pansyman

Did the Pussy patrol lose any fine dubbing ?
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

benben reincarnated

Wow.  Wind can do some pretty impressive and very localized things.

Generally if they have damage like this NOAA/NWS will send out a survey team to evaluate things and determine the cause of the damage.  I think they generally publish the info online at some point.

wind_knot

That was a hell of a gust!!!! :o

I hope it was only trees that were damaged.