News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited bear news

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 09, 2015, 15:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Bear found scavenging on human remains at GSMNP backcountry campsite

> Hikers found the body at campsite 82 near the Hazel Creek Trail Friday afternoon. The statement said the hikers first saw an unoccupied tent at the campsite and later found the body across a nearby creek, the statement said.

https://www.wbir.com/mobile/article/entertainment/places/great-smoky-mountains-national-park/bear-found-scavenging-on-human-remains-at-gsmnp-backcountry-campsite/51-faf5ac06-0651-4e8d-b5d3-ea7bd1b42173
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

82 is pretty far back there

You cannot view this attachment.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

>>>An investigation is under way, including an autopsy into how 43-year-old Patrick Madura of Elgin, Illinois died.

"We are hopeful that we will learn something as to the cause of death and to the timing of that death," says Sanders.

She says Madura had been camping alone.

https://wlos.com/news/local/bear-euthanized-after-discovery-of-dead-camper-in-gsmnp-rangers-emphasize-safety-tips
me -There's a season?

troutrus

Closed up the testing pool (aka. Fly Lab) this morning. Looked back out and saw this guy.
You cannot view this attachment.

Woolly Bugger

Bear eats delivery pizza left on doorstep in Colorado Springs

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

>>>COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (KRDO) — While the idea behind contactless delivery is intended to keep people safe, it comes with its own dangers of attracting wildlife here in Colorado Springs.

Holly Vergunst ordered pizza delivery Tuesday night but then found the pizza box was empty by the time she opened it.

Vergunst watched her security footage to figure out what happened. A bear, caught on camera, devoured her dinner in less than two minutes.

https://krdo.com/news/top-stories/2020/10/01/bear-eats-delivery-pizza-left-on-doorstep-in-colorado-springs/
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

This is a genuine American bear.

"This year he really packed on the pounds, looking like he was fat enough to hibernate in July and yet continuing to eat until his belly seemed to drag along the ground by late September."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wide-bodied-747-crowned-alaska-s-fattest-bear/ar-BB19LSgD?ocid=msedgntp
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

>>>What led up to the scary encounter?
"As we came on the bridge we could see the bear feeding below along the bank," he explained. While that may sound scary enough for some people, Dupras told us that it was actually quite a common sight as his family has been "catch and release steelhead fishing" in the area for over 45 years.

"We moved to the middle of the bridge so we could see the bear and give us safe distance as the bears occasionally come up the bank and cross the road into the woods to access the river further up," he told us.

Just as they had expected, the bear came up. "But what happened next was atypical from the behaviour we've seen in the past," he said.

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

Yikes.  I'd have to change my drawers after that.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Onslow

Black bear road kill observed at MM 22 @ I 77 in VA. It was smallish.  Maybe 150 pounds. Saw it this morning, but the DOT apparently cleaned up the shoulder by this evening.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

>>>A Montana man who was mauled by a grizzly bear last week has died after suffering a "massive stroke" in hospital.

Carl Mock, 40, of West Yellowstone, was transported to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center on April 15 with "severe injuries" after being attacked by the bear just south of Baker's Hole Campground, roughly three miles north of West Yellowstone.

>>>The Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks (FWP) previously confirmed in a statement that a grizzly bear was shot and killed on Friday last week—the day after the attack—as personnel investigated the scene of the incident, which was closed to the public.

>>>The agency said Mock was believed to have been carrying bear spray at the time of the attack but it was unclear if he even got a chance to use it on the bear.

The FWP said seven investigators who were deployed to the scene were charged by a bear before reaching the area, despite making "continuous noise," including yelling, in an attempt to "haze" the animal—the process of trying to scare off the animal.

"Despite multiple attempts by all seven people to haze away the bear, it continued its charge. Due to this immediate safety risk, the bear was shot and died about 20 yards from the group. The bear was an older-age male grizzly," the FWP said.

Investigators found a moose carcass within 50 yards of the attack, which indicated the bear was likely defending a food source during the attack, the agency noted.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/montana-man-mauled-by-grizzly-bear-dies-after-suffering-massive-stroke/ar-BB1fOMRu?ocid=msedgdhp
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

https://twitter.com/WFSBnews/status/1384587975401553923

me -There's a season?

Yallerhammer

Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff