News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

People feel scared and threatened. We're in the middle of three pandemics/crises at once -- epidemiological, economical, and sociological. The world order and national order are basically changing and coming apart simultaneously. Some buy guns to make themselves feel more secure.
<That's simplistic, but all I have time for. Gotta go get groceries and toilet paper now>

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on June 03, 2020, 08:32:46 AMI'm not sure where gun policies rank on the spectrum of America's concerns/priorities.  My bet is healthcare is number 1, and even that baffles me ---- is it the exorbitant cost that some have to pay, is it the lack of care for ourselves, is it a compassion issue for our fellow humans without care, etc.

My number 1 concern is 'the gullibility and blind credulity of the American public'.  This encompasses all issues – guns, healthcare, environment, immigration, politics, worldly affairs, religion, social matters, etc. and the disinformation spewed on social media, traditional media, politicians, the cloud/internet, and all individuals with their heads permanently embedded in their asses.

The lack of gratitude leads to contempt for all that are of value.  This may be natural resources, our own health, the welfare of others.  The antidote to this problem is hardship, and jolting deprivation.  Human contempt for all things good will result in self inflicted pain, and hardship.

Covid 19 did not get most people's attention. That is what really scares me.

Big J

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

New holster coming my way from Bitterroot Gunleather.  Caleb is a great guy and one of the best custom leather holsters right now in the US.  Loooonnnngggggg wait times (This one was 9 months) but soooooo worth it.  Put in an order and put in the notes "brook trout" and was greeted by this picture being sent to me this weekend of the finished product.  This will sport by 10mm 1911 out on the bluelines.

Phil

rbphoto

Saturday's practice

Buckmark 22 on 8.5 x 11 from 3 - 25 yds:

No fliers!

HK 45 USPc on 8.5 x 11 from 3 - 25yds:

Three serious fliers - one was a double action shot that had two light primer strikes . . . first hiccup on this gun since I bought it.  May be time for some spring updates.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

Quote from: rbphoto on June 23, 2020, 08:12:16 AMSaturday's practice

No fliers!

Three serious fliers - one was a double action shot that had two light primer strikes . . . first hiccup on this gun since I bought it.  May be time for some spring updates.

I think the early HK USP's had some known issues with light strikes. Don't know how old yours is, but think they had a firing pin update at some point.  Might look into that before replacing springs.  Also could try some lube.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/ftf-on-first-strike-with-hk-usp.146694/

rbphoto

Quote from: Big J on June 23, 2020, 08:32:42 AMI think the early HK USP's had some known issues with light strikes. Don't know how old yours is, but think they had a firing pin update at some point.  Might look into that before replacing springs.  Also could try some lube.

https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/ftf-on-first-strike-with-hk-usp.146694/

Mine is so old it still has "Pat. Pending" on the grip . . . definitely a first gen.

I cleaned it well and inspected everything.  It was well lubricated and I didn't find any reason for it to have malfunctioned.  It was about 45 rounds into a 50 round session. I've looked at the FP upgrades and I'll probably send it in to Gray Guns for the updates and action work.
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

Yallerhammer

Quote from: rbphoto on June 23, 2020, 08:12:16 AMSaturday's practice

No fliers!

Remington ammo?
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Al

Went to two well known sports box stores that sell ammo today and was shocked :o  to see the empty shelves in the Ammo departments.

Maybe not exactly shocked but it is certainly a sign of the times we are living in.

Onslow

Quote from: Big J on June 22, 2020, 09:47:58 AMGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

New holster coming my way from Bitterroot Gunleather.  Caleb is a great guy and one of the best custom leather holsters right now in the US.  Loooonnnngggggg wait times (This one was 9 months) but soooooo worth it.  Put in an order and put in the notes "brook trout" and was greeted by this picture being sent to me this weekend of the finished product.  This will sport by 10mm 1911 out on the bluelines.

Cracker variant of Bart from Blazing Saddles :P

rbphoto

Quote from: Yallerhammer on June 23, 2020, 17:11:38 PMRemington ammo?

In the 22, yes.

In the 45, no.  Atlanta Arms factory reloads.  Never, ever, ever had an issue with them.  There was nothing unusual about the round. 

Big J

Quote from: Onslow on June 23, 2020, 19:55:21 PMCracker variant of Bart from Blazing Saddles :P

I have never seen Blazing Saddles so I got to plead ignorance to this reference.

Dougfish

Full version, recommended:

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Phil

Phil

Rare range practice today, limited ammo use due to the shortage. I used a shot timer -- from standing ready, sweep shirt away, draw, 1st shot must be within 2 seconds from the ready position (before the draw). Following shots in less than 1 second each. So - it's aimed fire, but fairly quick. One mag of 7 rounds from my .45 Commander, then two 7-round mags from my Shield 9mm. 2 fliers, but the rest within the 4 or less inch rings. It's a 6" target. Okay at 10 yards, but not stellar. I'm rusty.